No announcement yet.

How To Clear A Plot in 3 Afternoons

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you pair are slightly mad but good and when you have you letter heads printed it should read .
    Two Rusty Shed Ladies
    gardeners extraordinary have bike will travel...jacob
    What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
    Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

It's nice to do it that way though, because you can really see where you've been! What I don't like so much is when you spend a full day in the garden/lottie and it looks not much different. There are often important but un-noticable, structural type jobs that you have to do but it doesn't look much better (even though you know it is). These slash and burn jobs are really satisfying! Well done both.
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by jacob marley View Post
        I think you pair are slightly mad but good and when you have you letter heads printed it should read .
        Two Rusty Shed Ladies
        gardeners extraordinary have bike will travel...jacob
        Actually Jacob, that should read "totally mad". I love your wording for the letter heading!! As I said, totally mad, I've been at it again today. Promised the grandchildren I would create them a veggie garden!!! Started digging the allocated bit (full of long grass and dandelions) and found a concrete path. Actually, it should work quite well as I can make a bed around 3 feet wide, path down the middle, and then another bed around 5 feet wide. Doing my usual clear and plant job - Cleared most of the small bed and planted climbing french beans under a bamboo wigwam, and a couple of courgettes. Going back tomorrow and planning to plant some tomatoes and a couple of pumpkins. Thought the quick growing stuff and ready plants would be good for the kids. I will also get them to sow some radish seeds in the spaces.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post

Nice bike TS......how would one of these look on her?
          I have recently sold my car and bought a cycle trailer, similar to this one.

BIKE TRAILER HALFORDS TRAIL BUGGY USED ONCE on eBay (end time 17-Jun-10 20:13:51 BST)

I could not run my lottie without it!

Comment

I've a similar bike (dawes, diff model) - probably the best bike I've ever had.. that said it's just sat in the garage, two flat tyres upside down currently used to dry my hockey kit!

Comment

chrismarks - pump the tyres up, check the brakes are working and ride it to your local independent bike shop for a service. When it's had the once over get riding.

A few months ago I got back on my bike after about 10 years off it and have never looked back.

That is assuming it's been sitting unloved because you've not been riding rather than because you've got a new bike.

Comment

And again

Middle daughter's veg patch created, path and patio discovered underneath a layer of soil about two inches deep - obviously the work of the previous tenants. Why on earth did they do it??
                Attached Files

Comment

I found a paved area to the side of the house which Ithough was earth and gras.The dirt blows on, it doesn't get swept off, hey presto,lawn. There's a path underneath some of the garden that has what looks like lawn on it too.Ravages of time....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X