Rotovate Tatties...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotovate Tatties...

What would happen if I just rotovated an old row of Potatoes? Would all the little chopped up bits grow or would they rot?

M
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good!

The potatoes will be chitting at the moment they will start growing potatoes all over the place if you just leave one potatoe in the ground it will grow into what they call volunteer plant.
    http://ivansfruitandveg.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yup, you'll get potato plants all over the place. Not a plan I'd recommend I don't think there's any alternative other than to dig them out really.

Comment

Oh words I can't use on this website... never mind, thank you.
        Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good!

Comment

Dig them up. There may even be some worth eating! If you leave them in or rotovate them you will end up with volunteer spuds all over the place.

Comment

I am a avid rotovator user but even i would not do that.just mad thinking about it..jacob
            Last edited by jacob marley; 23-03-2010, 06:03 PM.
            What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
            Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

They WILL be worth eating..............and thats what you grew them for to start with innit?
              I've still got about quarter of my maincrops to dig up yet. The frost gets any within a couple of inches of the surface but the rest are fine!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X