BINDWEED and dads

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Nah...harrybrew69 could make use of him!!

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ertiliser.html
    well ive got a bean trench with nothing to go in it now so send him over
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    VISIT MY WEBSITE TO HELP KEEP YOUR HANDS CLEAN AFTER A DAY ON THE PLOT
    http://www.thesoappatisserie.co.uk

Comment

I'd dig it out since its only March. How long till its in full growth and you get a few dry days that are woth spraying it? 2 months?
      Direct action with a good fork will sort it out straight away and keep it out of sight for a couple of months. As soon as it re-appears just loosen all the soil around the new growth with the fork and pull out as much of it as you can, often 4-5 strands about 12" long. Each time you do this you are depleting the ain roots and the new growth comes back weaker and weaker.
      My 2014 No Dig Allotment
      My 2013 No Dig Allotment
      My 2012 No Dig Allotment
      My 2011 No Dig Allotment

Comment

Harrybrew
        i'm collect waste to put in my own bean trench so I am saving him for myself :O) sorry.

Thanks for giving me the idea though its alot less work than digging up the patio.
        Growing vegetables and flowers to share.
        www.takeoneseed.wordpress.com

Comment

I double dug last spring as a first preparation and got out as many roots of this and other nasties as possible. If any crops up I just pull it out as I go along. I won't be spraying as I don't see the need and anyway, it's another thing you need to spend money on.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by smallfrog View Post
            I have made beds at present so i can always spray a bed and leave it. How long do you wait between spraying and putting a crop into the sprayed bed?
            Personally, I spray repeatedly over a season until the beginning of August if necessary (for really stubborn weeds). Then plant at the beginning of the next season and manually weed from then on.

I think 6 weeks is the minimum time you have to leave.

To go on a bit more glyphosate how toxic is it to use. I'm pregant in fact bout6 mths.
            Some things are too important. If there's any doubt in your mind that glyphosate might be unsafe then keep away for a year or so. In the very unlikely event that something bad were to happen, you don't want that playing on your mind. Get the OH to "weed for two" when it gets to the point that you can't

Though whatever you do, I think it's better to eat your own food where you know what chemicals have been used rather than eat supermarket food where you just don't know what you're eating.

Pregant and weeding i can handle
            Come back in 10 weeks and tell us that

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X