Someone tried to take half my Plot

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nat View Post
    Thanks for replying, what can i do about him dumping stuff on my lottie ? hes digging the grass out of the path and throwing it on my bit, and his old mankey potatoes too... the guy on the other side has actually ploughed over some of my stuff (some weed control matting) and has knocked out a peg i just put in last week.

Nat
    If you find he's dumped stuff on your plot, next time you go down just pick it all up and dump it back on his!! Try writing to your local weekly paper (most areas have them), keep onto the Council - if it is a Council site then they have responsibility for keeping it in order. You could also try writing to your local MP - they don't have too much to do at this time, and could probably do with some "green" publicity.

Comment

you could give up your plot & dose theirs with sodium Chlorate - they won't grow anything for years then! Bit extreme I think. .

I'd go down to the council & make a complaint in person and tell them that if nothing is done withine 28 days you'll be see what recourse you have legally as they are obviously condoning the actions - That should move them - maybe get an ASBO against the two offenders.

I wonder if the Human rights acts covers behaviour like this?
      ntg
      Never be afraid to try something new.
      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
      ==================================================

Comment

Thanks, You guys!!!

My Hubby threw a fit last night,the lady from the council called (left a message) and said again she couldn't see a problem, so he called her this morning and asked to meet her down there today, which she did .... at last .... after showing her the problem, I think maybe she thought we were over reacting a little, but could see to some point what we were saying, she has arranged a meeting on saturday at 9AM 'sharpe' with myself & Hubby, both neighbouring plot holders and some guy from the council i have never heard of .... its taken since beginning of November, but maybe we will get somewhere now, either that of there will be a large argument, and i will again walk away upset ...

Will Update you soon, Thanks for your comments.... some very appealing ...Nick ..lol

Nat

Comment

Oh Yes one of the guys helps the council out quite a bit... he also has a awful lot of allotments ....i feel pretty intimidated by him, hes not really friendly as for the papers i'm already thinking about it as a last resort, wouldn't take much to get a story in there.

What is really sad is i was thinking about offering to run some sort of news letter for the plot holders, maybe organise a few barbies for those interested, or maybe even some competitions. Just something to make it more of a community down there, but way i'f feeling at the moment i can't be bothered, they (ppl in charge) would probably not be to bothered about it eitherways, if this is how hard it is to sort out something trivial like this.

Ok i'm done whittling ...lol

Nat

Comment

Hi Nat,

Really sorry to hear about your bad neighbours, but glad to see you have a meeting arranged for Saturday.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Lots of fingers and toes crossed, Mandy

Comment

Good luck for Saturday Nat! Let us know how you get on!
              Blessings
              Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
              Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
              Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
              On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Yay !!!!! It's all sorted, The guy next to us diddn't turn up ... no surprise there but everyone else did, one look at our lottie and they agreed that it was totally out, it has been restaked, 2 ft out in some places ..Hummm .... now all we have to do is wait till they send the letter to our neighbour saying what they have found and done and we can reclaim out bits !!!!!

What a relief, only worry now is seeing him down there, and finding out his response ... i'm expecting to be totally ignored ..we will see ...

Nat

Comment

Thats great news, well done! Hope your neighbour is ok with you!
                  Blessings
                  Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                  Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                  Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                  On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

i'm glad it got sorted for you , he should not give you any grief now as it became offical because if they have to rectify this again he might lose his plot.
                    ---) CARL (----
                    ILFRACOMBE
                    NORTH DEVON

a seed planted today makes a meal tomorrow!

www.freewebs.com/carlseawolf

http://mountain-goat.webs.com/

now in blog form ! UPDATED 15/4/09

Comment

I dare say the only reason he'll ignore you will be because of his onw imbaresment, well one Nat

Comment

Hi Nat,

Did u have your meeting yet? how did it go?
                        Loz
                        http://warmanallotment.blogspot.com/

Comment

Good stuff with luck that will sort it out well done.
                          The force is strong in this one!

Comment

Just wanted to say a really big thanks for enduring my moaning and whinging and for the support and advice (some really naughty lol ) that you have all given me !!!!

I'm hoping to get a move on with it all now that i can plan my space, except the weather is awful !!!lol (more moaning)

Nat

Thanks !!!!

Comment

excellent news!

Loz
                              http://warmanallotment.blogspot.com/

Comment

Congrats on having it sorted Nat.
                                **Stick some leylandii along the border and leave him to it! **

Seriously, I hope things calm down and you can get some sort of working relationship. all you need now is the Spring.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X