Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snadger.

You worry too much!

However, how about bringing them indoors until the end of Feb; give them pride of place on a windowledge somewhere for a while?

I know what you mean about putting 2 years into the blommin things; I have a seed tray full of leek seed heads in the airing cupboard just trying to dry them out slowly - there's about 10 seed heads in there and I don't want them to go to waste after all the fuss and bother of getting them to this stage. And I have 2 shoe boxes of beetroot seeds - half of which are still attached to the stalks and I take a few off every time I go in there but there's only so much you can do before you get a tad bored.

Comment

I repotted mine in the greenhouse today. Not masses though. There's not masses growing at the moment so I felt quite excited about actually doing something that might give me something else to eat one day. Much better than cuprinoling anyway

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
        Snadger.

You worry too much! ...................................

Andrea.......you're right!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

*thinks that saving pea, bean, tomato & capsicum seeds might be the limit of my ambitions...

Comment

Snadger, I'm no expert but my dad and his brother were. Sadly, neither is still alive to ask. I seem to remember they used to have the leeklets under cover (unheated greenhouse or cold frame) to ensure the rain didn't get at them (I assume there was more risk of rain rotting the core of the bulbils than them being cold). First they would ensure there was no sign of discolouration at the root plate (usually my job to check the bases were white) before planting up in individual cells in, I think, a seed compost and just leave them to take root. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by northmaid View Post
              Snadger, I'm no expert but my dad and his brother were. Sadly, neither is still alive to ask. I seem to remember they used to have the leeklets under cover (unheated greenhouse or cold frame) to ensure the rain didn't get at them (I assume there was more risk of rain rotting the core of the bulbils than them being cold). First they would ensure there was no sign of discolouration at the root plate (usually my job to check the bases were white) before planting up in individual cells in, I think, a seed compost and just leave them to take root. Hope this helps.
              Thanks northmaid! I had read about checking the base of the bulbils and did so before I planted them!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X