Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About to start work on new allotment, advice please.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrs Jackson View Post
    You can get a free 30 day trial on growveg.com (I think that's it) that you can use to create scale plans. I found it very helpful when I was planning what to do with my plot.

Mrs J
    Wicked, I will check that out. Thanks

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
    If you measure your patch in feet and get some squared paper and make one foot equal a square its not difficult to draw it out. Mine looks like this at the mo.
    I should of thought of that, would be the easiest way too.

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
    I did mine with 1 metre = 1 square. I'm no mathemetician, but it was quite easy
    Agree lol

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
    Congrats on getting your plot

If you've got a printer you can download the graph paper on this site click > here
    Thanks!

Originally posted by ckfe View Post
    why is your allotment all on it's own in the middle of nowhere?
    There is a group of ten of us that has been offered land as part of the land share scheme. It was organized through our local allotment society though.

It is in a ladies field 4mins away from our house. She has a lot of land and didnt want to see it all go to waste!
    I hate slugs!!

Comment

Originally posted by teamladd View Post

There is a group of ten of us that has been offered land as part of the land share scheme. It was organized through our local allotment society though.

It is in a ladies field 4mins away from our house. She has a lot of land and didnt want to see it all go to waste!

what a lovely lady!

Comment

Originally posted by ckfe View Post
        what a lovely lady!
        She is, we do have to pay £40 a year, but that pennies really.
        I hate slugs!!

Comment

Teamladd, I have 3 PSB plants going spare if you'd like them for your lottie (may be slightly late? but worth a try?).
          There are here if you would like them.

(might actually force me to meet another grape also as in the other thread!!!)
          Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

You could plant Beetroot. That grows very quickly. The stuff I grew this year tastes gorgeous and I'm planting some more now.

You could green manure some of it. See if you can get some old pea seeds, or maybe some lupin seeds because there should be plenty of them about. Let them grow for a month or two, then dig them in.

Comment

I would say get a shed asap, then you will have somewhere to work from, store tools, make tea and all the other things sheds are used for. It would sap your enthusiasm very quickly if you have to lug tools there and back all the time. And bad weather's not so far away, you'll have somewhere to shelter
              The plot looks pretty open so a shed will also give you somewhere to use the pee bucket!

Comment

Here is the next photo for the update! I have been working hard so not been online much.
                Shed is my next port of call, just going to buy a cheap 6x4. It will be good for the tools as otherwise it will get tiresome!

I hate slugs!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X