Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ooooops -I think I've just doubled my workload!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ooooops -I think I've just doubled my workload!

I've been contemplating the wasteland area next to my allotment, as I'm running out of space for all my winter squashes etc. It's full of thistles, nettles and brambles, broken glass and bits of old rusty metal (as my lottie was when I got it of course), so I bit the bullet, and asked if I can extend. I expected hemming and hawing and 'we'll get back to you's', but they just said yes straight away.

So in the last 5 mins I've gone from having 150sqm to 350sqm!!!

Congratulations!
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Never fear, that isn't doubling your workload that's...erm...doubling your potential. Yep, doubling your potential...that'll do.
      Last edited by bluemoon; 16-06-2009, 04:45 PM.
      Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Thanks!
        I can't really believe I've just put myself back to square one (well square two I suppose) after all that hard work clearing the first patch.
        Now I just have to persuade my allotment neighbour to move all his junk off and I'll be sorted. He's actually a very nice guy, and has given me a lot of friendly advice, as well as a few seeds, but I think he sees that patch almost as an extension of his allotment, so I'm going to have to tread carefully. Maybe one of my famous homemade coffee cakes will be in order.
        Eek, gotta break the news to hubby too, he may be less than delighted! Still at least I can get rid of the thistles and broken glass, I worry about the kids playing in that patch as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by bluemoon View Post
          Never fear, that isn't doubling your workload that's...erm...doubling your potential. Yep, doubling your potential...that'll do.
          Yes, I like that!
          I'll certainly be doubling the produce, I just hope I can rope in the occasional willing helper.

Comment

Originally posted by indigox View Post
            Yes, I like that!
            I'll certainly be doubling the produce, I just hope I can rope in the occasional willing helper.
            Why not let the aforementioned neighbour have a little bit of it so he can extend too, you may find a willing helper there! Good luck with it!
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
              Why not let the aforementioned neighbour have a little bit of it so he can extend too, you may find a willing helper there! Good luck with it!
              Nah, he's already fully extended. He says his plot is equivalent to 1 and a half, but I reckon it's closer to three plots in size, so he's got a fair bit to cope with already. He grows enough to feed an army, I really have no idea what he does with it all!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X