Grapes Allotments - Before And After

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW,

I love this thread, what you have all achieved inspires me to crack on (sorry to go all usa on you all)

I will get some photos up soon of mine as it comes along
    Last edited by janzbro; 21-10-2015, 03:27 AM.
    82.6% of people believe any statstic!

Comment

• Week 7

This is my plot with updated pics taken last week. I have had the plot just over 7 weeks. I haven't been down to the plot every day. So am quite pleased with how its going so far.

Cant believe the difference looking back at the old pictures. I couldn't see over the weeds when I started.
      Attached Files
      sigpic

Comment

• That's an amazing transformation NVG, well done you!
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Just goten about a third of the way through this thread and congrats to all on some brilliamt transformations............
          The sad part though is How the heck are these plots allowed to degenerate so badly, i mean 10 years for a couple with no tending ?, its a joke.
          An "allotment is for life" they say, maybe that needs to change to "as long as you look after it"

Comment

• It baffles me how some can be left neglected for so long too! If it's clear a tenant isn't doing anything after 12 months then they should be forced to hand it back so it can be given to someone else who will probably appreciate it better.

I know with really overgrown plots you cannot expect it to be 100% cultivated but surely even if a person has one-third in use then it's obvious they do care about it and are working their way through it slowly but surely?
            If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

• Originally posted by Gillykat View Post
              It baffles me how some can be left neglected for so long too! If it's clear a tenant isn't doing anything after 12 months then they should be forced to hand it back so it can be given to someone else who will probably appreciate it better.
              From a Committee perspective tenancies can be quite complicated, particularly when the tenant has complicated health issues or personal problems. Our site wants to support people to stay rather than going straight to eviction.
              http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• I haven't got a before before, this is a midway through of my allotment taken from my neat and tidy potting shed (that was originally like trying to walk through a disaster zone)

And here's the potting shed (nicely cleaned and tidied)

(I'm hoping I've done this right)
                Attached Files

Comment

• Sweet potting shed there BoyWonder
                  sigpic

Comment

• I don't have a proper 'before' for our original half plot, but he it is Spring, Summer, and Autumn 2015 (The tree produces buckets of beautiful goldengages)

Attached Files

Comment

• And then early this autumn, we (/me, mostly) decided to extend our plot by taking over the overgrown half plot next door. I've been slowly making progress clearing it.

Attached Files

Comment

• Great job Mr Ose.................now you are up & running with the pics, now is the perfect time to join the ........http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...dar_87848.html
                        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• I took on a rather large plot in march as part of my job. it was a right mess, the allotment dumping ground! but i've been working my butternut squash off. Here's a few pics
                          Before:

After:
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by stpaulsfc; 08-06-2016, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• After a fair amount of slog and literally buckets of sweat (ewwww!) some improvement has been recorded on celluloid [pixels shurely?] as shown below, photos taken p[ointing same direction (see white park home at the back for perspective).

It's 2 years since we took the plot on which was an appalling combination of brambles and abandoned rubbish.

Attached Files
                            Last edited by ldsau93; 27-06-2016, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• I think it was June I officially got my plot and was let loose on it so two months, on here is some progress...

I got so excited and enthusiatic that I just started with clearing, should have planned it and made some formal beds really.
                              I still have the same space behind the shed that I have barely touch (made a compost bin from pallets).

And this is the first produce that is a couple of days away from being harvested...

Attached Files
                              Be Vegan

Comment

• Nearly 12 Months on

Well I have had plot 60 for nearly 12 months now. Made quite a few changes now but still got a long way to go.

Please cold you flip my photos. Thanks
                                Attached Files
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X