Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper job!

I've gotta proppa lottie!
    Well 2.5 rods anyway-which should be adequate for our needs. Been on the waiting list since last September - joined at 40th, but there have been many change-overs since then and some large plots have been divided up. Seems I wasn't top of the list but several ahead of me wanted to delay taking on a plot until they retired or wanted plots near their friends!
    The plot is about 24ft by 28ft and has a small shed made of corrugated asbestos, which I'll have to replace sometime. I've made a start - clearing the dandelions with 2ft deep roots!
    At this stage of the year I'll probably have to buy in plants. Any suggestions about what I could start from seed?
    My plot is on the Enys Road allotment in Camborne. If there are any Grapes on the same allotment please make yourself known to me - I'm on plot no.77

Parsnip, Lettice, Carrot, Coliflower, Beetroot, Cabbage, Chard.
    You can bung them all in now.
    My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Clear a small patch, then immediately plant it up with something.
      Start things in pots/modules to get them going, and plant them out when you have space. (squash, pumpkins, sweetcorn, peas, beans etc)

It is worth planting the whole area up with pumpkins even if you don't use the crop ... they make good ground cover, smothering out weeds.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

thanks for the advice folks.

I like the idea of covering the plot with pumpkins! Plenty to give away come halloween!
        SO far I've bought in some cabbage and fennel plants and been given some runner bean plants, so things are starting to move.

Comment

Pumpkins take a lot out of the ground so you need to manure next year.
          My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

It's not too late to plant potatoes if you get your finger out!
            They are fairly robust, just clear the ground and stick them in
            You might not be able to get hold of seed potatoes now so try a few different kinds of eating potatoes.
            Some will have been treated to stop them growing properly but you'll just have to take a chance and see what comes up

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X