Yes Nicos 10 x10 M is a 100 sq M but I was refering to this post:

Originally posted by cornishmaid View Post
    we are charging £100 a year for an approx 10x100 yard plot

Comment

OOOppps- sorry!!!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

someone needs to write them a nice letter explaining why no-one is renting their land, then perhaps they will see the error of their ways, drop the price, and hey diddly dee, great land for everyone at a more affordable price!!
        Iamhanuman

New Boy & Son Blog My Blog about a new gardener's experiences with his son

AND PLEASE CHECK OUT MY DEAR WIFE'S BLOG
        Independent Minds

Comment

I say, what a rip off, i'm on a private site thats £22 a year (I think its the same one as BM (infield Lane?)) and I know of a few nearby that are trying the same scheme, they are charging £300 a year for a full plot!! Its daft.

Comment

I pay £28 per year on a private allotments (and they wrote to apologise for the increase to that from £26) for a plot about 27 m by 7 (10 poles maybe?) with no amenities other than a tap every 4 plots or so. Over seven times as much for half the land is scandalous!
            I have a dream:
            a dream that, one day, chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Comment

I have just read the £200 price tag and nearly fell off the chair - I think that is daylight robbery! No wonder no one has taken any on. We are on a council plot which is 10m x 30m and costs £16.50. They consider it a small plot as it has had a small corner cut off because of a drain. It has water and is fully fenced - the other bonus is it is 2 minutes walk from the house. We previously had one about 8 miles away and found it a real trek as you have to make a proper session rather than popping down when you feel like it. Can't you get on an allotment waiting list for the council or a closer private site.

Alternatively move to Barnsley as it is littered with sites due to the old mining community!
              Karen

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
              Even a journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step!

Comment

Thing you need to keep in mind is when allotments go out of fashion will the private site still be there?
                My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

My landlord charges me in surplus veggies. He and his family are doing very nicely on the salad and radish front at the moment!
                  When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

When we were looking at setting up a private allotment site we calculated to rent the land from the owner for the same income she could get from horses, we would have to charge £60 for half a standard size plot, and decided it would be too expensive, as the council ones in the area are £26 for a full size plot.
                    I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                    Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

hi amanda can u please tell me where this private allotment is? thanks

Originally posted by amandaandherveg View Post
                      I spotted a sign advertising private allotments yesterday, they're 18 miles away from me but the only ones I can find - too far really but I was interested to find out more.

I've just called them - the rent is £200 per year for a 10mx10m unserviced bit of field. Am I really mean or is this the going rate for an unestablished private allotment site?
                      hi amanda can u please tell me where this private allotment is? thanks

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X