No announcement yet.

Frost disaster??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best of luck. Fortunately my jams have been ok this year - they used to be a disaster and the only really sloppy one is the strawberry jam which I like "soft".

Hope it works whichever one (or two) you try.
    Bright Blessings
    Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Originally posted by Waffler View Post
      Well... I thought I'd scowl a lot, stamp my feet, then throw myself on the floor and kick my arms and legs about (otherwise known as 'throwing a major strop'). If that doesn't work, I may follow LJ's advice and buy a bottle of pectin later, add a glug, reboil the mix and see what happens. I'll let you know how I get on!
      Hope it works Waffler! I've got an image of you doing a strop in the supermarket - just like the mother with the small child! (can't remember what t's for though!) DDL
      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Funnily enough, OH and I were talking last night about ads you remember but can't remember what they're advertising.
        Well I got my pectin, but reboiling will have to wait until tomorrow. I have had 'one of those days' today, with time escaping me and things going wrong, and I am glad it's almost over - or over enough for us to be at the stage of having a bottle of wine with the chilli that's already made cos I made it yesterday. Only rice to cook. Lovely!

Comment

Sounds like a perfect end to a not so perfect day. Enjoy it and "tomorrow is another day".
          Bright Blessings
          Earthbabe

Comment

my ducks are really suffering, having to break the ice on the pond for them but its really thick and isnt melting all day, poor things, they look at me as if their saying, why cant we swim?
            Yo an' Bob
            Walk lightly on the earth
            take only what you need
            give all you can
            and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Yoanbob that is really sad. Roxie rabbit doesn't look too happy to be taken out but is fine when in the run and we have bought her a heater thingy for the hutch (soppy or what?) Gilly and Stockings however are fine because we have moved the little fellas inside.

Hope your ducks don't get too traumatised.
              Bright Blessings
              Earthbabe

Comment

Eb - a heater in the bunny's hutch? I was lucky enough to have my hutch within a shed, covered in thick carpet and my bunnies didn't come to any harm - mind you, I did used to let him come into the house - much to the confusion of the cats! didn't have dexter at that time though! good job really! LOL DDL
                Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Its a pad that you heat in the microwave and put in a cover then under the straw. No room in the shed unfortunately. She seemed happy enough this morning.
                  Bright Blessings
                  Earthbabe

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X