No announcement yet.

Water Butts .....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have just put a wanted post of free cycle so will wait and see.

Thankyou everybody for all the posts and suggestions.
    Naomi
    "In my garden there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The thoughts grow as freely as the flowers, and the dreams are as beautiful."

Comment

I know someone on our allotment chats with the council and occasionally we get a delivery of damaged wheelie bins (wheels missing, lids missing).
      They can be a tad top heavy if not sited well, but they hold water and thats all that matters.
      Mclaren Pit Crew (MCP) .

Comment

Originally posted by hallnaomiuk View Post
        Have just put a wanted post of free cycle so will wait and see.

Thankyou everybody for all the posts and suggestions.
        Did you have any luck? If you didn't post again, many people don't look at freecycle that often. Post regularly, someone will see it who has one going begging at some point.

Angela

Comment

If anyone up in this neck of the woods is looking for 1000 litre IBC tanks for £20, give me a shout - you will need to collect them though - sorry !
          Rat

British by birth
          Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
          http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

no joy so far - still looking..
            Naomi
            "In my garden there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The thoughts grow as freely as the flowers, and the dreams are as beautiful."

Comment

Keep trying Naomi!

I just managed to get a beaten up old plastic tank that's been converted to a water butt from my local freecycle... they do come up now and then!
              http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

Last one I bought was from Aldi. Worth keeping an eye on their web site or check your local store to see if they still have any in stock. Have you tried your local authority? Wrexham County BC sells 190 litre water butts incl rainwater diverter kit and delivery for £27.
                Gardening is a matter of your enthusiasm holding up until your back gets used to it.

Comment

An old bath is excellent for storing water and is easier to scoop ya watering can into. Not the most pleasent thing to look at so i lined mine with black plastic to give a raised pond sort of look

Comment

Thanks for all the replys - i now have one. woop woop

Put a wanted add in the local paper so pleased.
                    Naomi

Comment

Well done all you need is the rain now to fill it.
                      My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X