No announcement yet.

Help!! Cats....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

old tea bags dried out then sprayed with ralgex (from the chemists) then scattered around the area.the smell keeps cats off (not a fan myself either) and as its oil based it lasts pretty well when it rains.certainly keeps the beggars off of any freshly dug bed long enough for plants to get away.
    don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
    remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

We have loads of cats in our area and I have had the same problem with them using my beds as a litter tray. The squirrels also like to dig there! I painted chilli sauce around my raised beds to deter cats and squirrels. It did seem to help but unfortunately gets washed away by the rain so needs to be reapplied regularly. Also plastice bottles half full of water seem to discourage them. Not sure how but again it seemed to help.
      We have now decided to get kittens of our own. Hopefully the other cats won't visit so much once the garden has cats living here:-)

Comment

So far my top 3 cat deterrents are:

1. netting the whole plot
        2. ultrasonic sensor
        3. applying manure

I'm about to try putting weed-suppressant matting over my brassica patch, I'm pretty confident they won't be able to do much on that.
        Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
        Snadger - Director of Poetry
        RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
        Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
        Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
        piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X