No announcement yet.

Asparagus pea

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be trying some of these this year too, so fingers crossed that they will tickle my taste buds.
    "He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"

Comment

me too, just because I haven't got an asparagus bed yet and I love it, so I thought I might as well give something that's supposed to taste a bit like it a go.

Comment

Same here taff, another full year to go till real asparagus!

Comment

Asparagus peas

I have just aquired a couple of packets of asparagus peas that I want to try on my new allotment. Has anyone ever grown these before? If so any tips would be appreciated and do I just grow them like peas?

Thanks
          Tracey

Comment

Tracey - I've popped your question onto the end of one we had earlier, hopefully this might help.

Comment

I grew a few of these peas last year - yuk - the taste was not great. More like boiled socks than anything as fine as asparagus.

Comment

They look lovely but don't taste great. Pretty in the garden though and good for bees.

Comment

Are they classed as a legume? and do they fix nitrogen like 'proper peas? I too have planted them for the first time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X