No announcement yet.

Green vs Cow Manure

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've voted both.We used barley(or maybe rye??...must start writing these things down!)for the first time this last autum.It's where we plan on putting the majority of our carrots,the soil was starting to look a little lack lustre & obviously didn't want to use manure,so a kind chap gave us some of his barley(or rye).So far I have only his word that it will help produce some monster carrots,but hopefully midsummer I'll know that it worked.
    I'm thinking of growing some alfalfa on our new plot...supposedly helps to break down heavy soil,but think it has to be left in for quite some time???Does anyone know if I can grow other crops amongst it?
    I've also read that Caliente Mustard is reported to kill off spear grass...may actualy have been a Snadger post?
    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Tis cow manure for me, i get it at the start of every season, let it rot down till the next season and then use it, its excellent stuff :-) We are starting a new compost bed this year for both manure and vege peelings etc....i want to let it rot down for 2 years, ordered 20 tonne of it lol.....the farmer is bringing it to me in stages.
      Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X