Human urine gets rid of cats, foxes, rabbits etc

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Human urine gets rid of cats, foxes, rabbits etc

Don't know if this helps anyone but read somewhere than human urine does the trick for getting rid of cats but also other animals in the veggie patch. Was suggested for chicken coops as well to deter foxes. Like marking your territory. It said it had to be a man, one cos easier for them (best leave it til night when no-one around, just don't get arrested....lol) and also the scent of a male is stronger and lasts longer. And there'd be no arguments over putting the seat down!

Downside was if it rained and washed away as would have to repeat more often. Also would need to repeat 1-2 weeks so they get the idea !! Did say you could pee in a bottle and sprinkle around the edge of the garden or allotment, like a boundary. If you breathe through your mouth you won't smell it if you're squeamish about these things.

Now all I need is a friendly neighbour.....

also human hair is supposed to work, if you get it from the hair dressers you can hang it up around the plot in old tights
    have to say neither of these worked on our urban foxs.
    Yo an' Bob
    Walk lightly on the earth
    take only what you need
    give all you can
    and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

But do you want your lottie smelling like a gents urinal in Paddigton Station?
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Whilst leaving the actual act to your imagination, male urine certainly worked keeping my pesky cats out of the raised beds!!
        Bob Leponge
        Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

The urine and hair thing also get recommended for deer but I can tell you it certainly doesn't work for them.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
            The urine and hair thing also get recommended for deer but I can tell you it certainly doesn't work for them.
            We had a problem with deer on our site so one of the old boys went to a nearby zoo and got some sacks of Lion manure spread it around the whole area, worked a treat

Comment

I guess lion manure is no good on the garden though, due to them being ever so slightly carniverous?
              Bob Leponge
              Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

I heard that male urine would deter moles as well, but it didn't work when I tried it. A shotgun works better for Foxes. Whilst staying in the Quantocks I saw small bits of soap hanging from young trees, these, evidently, were to deter deer. Don't know if that worked either.
                I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

Why have I got a mental image of a bloke with his pants down running around his allotment trying to pee on foxes, rabbits, cats e.t.c!!!!!!!

Oy you....get off my land! (waving fist smiley!)!!
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                    Why have I got a mental image of a bloke with his pants down running around his allotment trying to pee on foxes, rabbits, cats e.t.c!!!!!!!

Oy you....get off my land! (waving fist smiley!)!!
                    I make sure I only do it early in the morning before the people overlooking the plot aren’t up - if they are it will give them something to talk about over their cornflakes! I also do the hair in tights and keep a radio on all day - no fox attack since! (I am getting a little OCD about it now I drove back from work because I couldn’t remember putting the radio on!

Regards
                    Pat
                    "Did you ever walk in a room and forget why you walked in? I think that's how dogs spend their lives."

Comment

wow, not what i was expecting to be reading this morning! We don't have any big pests yet (except one white cat that drives my dog crazy!) I don't think they know we're there yet. And just to rub it in - there aren't any moles in N. Ireland, hehe. Now you're all going to get together and send some right?!!!
                      Though in saying all that, my hubby is the outdoors type he'd probably like to pee freely on the plot
                      http://growourown.blogspot.com/

Comment

Dont spose we have any known deterrents for 4ft lizards do we? Bl**dy thing made me jump out of my skin this morning coming into the office. I didnt see him until my foot was on the down stroke towards his head, and he jumped in the air and ran off under the cabins.
                        If anyone had seen the security manager bent over double holding his heart, it wouldnt have given a good impression.
                        Bob Leponge

Comment

hahahahahaha @ bob

(sorry)

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                            Why have I got a mental image of a bloke with his pants down running around his allotment trying to pee on foxes, rabbits, cats e.t.c!!!
                            Because you're a very sick puppy
                            http://norm-foodforthought.blogspot.com/

If it ain't broke, don't fix it and if you ain't going to eat it, don't kill it

Comment

we tried the radio thing too, that didnt work on our foxs either
                              Yo an' Bob
                              Walk lightly on the earth
                              take only what you need
                              give all you can
                              and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X