Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie seeking advice / opinions / help! Possibility of an allotment!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Mrs Dobby can only get down at the weekends in the winter and things are a little slow at the moment ,But have some time off over christmas
    fingers crossed will be able to get alot done ...
    The force is strong in this one!

Comment

• You and me both Pete! I've 3 days off at xmas (a real luxury when you work in retail!) and hopefully if the weather is ok we'll be able to get down there and work off all the calories!
      Blessings
      Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
      Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
      Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
      On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

• Got £100 Fenwicks vouchers of work last year for Crimbo, this year NO £100 but they've given us a days extra holiday!
        One more day on the lottie I suppose, but only bread and water to take with me!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Latest piccies!

Hi all, been working on the plot today, and I managed to snap a few piccies in once of the brighter spells, so thought you may like to see them!

First one is the now clear pond, compare it with the original piccy we took in October below!

Second one is a general panoramic view of the fedge and plot, taken from the raised bed at the bottom! The bed nearest the camera is the one we planted some xmas spuds in, that did nothing, until last week when we noticed they were sprouting out of the ground, they've been earthed up, but no idea if they will manage to survive for the rest of the winter!

Third one is our Onion sets (95 growing, the tallest is now at 18" tall!!) and the garlic, which is now about 6 to 8" tall!

Fourth one is of the sprouting rhubarb, compare this with the rhubarb overgrown behind Mr D in the piccy below!

And the last one is another general panorama of the plot, again taken from raised bed at the bottom of our plot! Looks a darn site more tidy than it did originally (piccy below!)

Just wish the rain would hold off and the ground dry out a bit so we can finish off the digging and get the fruit bed at the bottom finished off!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Mrs Dobby; 10-01-2007, 07:07 PM. Reason: adding!
          Blessings
          Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx

Comment

• Looks fantastic - you've obviously done alot of work. Well done!
            ~
            Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
            ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

• Thanks Jennie, it does help when theres 2 of you tho, makes it much easier!
              Blessings
              Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Comment

• My OH is only just beginning to realise there are a "couple" of little "jobs" I need his help with! Starting on Saturday! LOL! I haven't even started yet! Just wait till I want my paths laying out! Dexterdog
                Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

• We were asked a few months ago whether we fancied taking on another plot, as I think the other plotholding folks were quite impressed with what we'd done with the weed infested space in such a short time, and Mr D bumped into the site liason again on Sunday, who once more asked the question as to whether we wanted a second patch!

As we've already planned out most of what we want to grow for our first patch, and are already struggling to fit it all in we've decided to take on the second plot, its on the same site, but about 50 meters from our current one, and is going to be cleared for us, so we should be able to plant crops from this spring onwards without anywhere near as much work as we've had to do in our original plot!

The plot in question has 3 well established gooseberries on it, and a nice cold frame and yet another strawberry bed (about another 100 or so strawbs, which makes our current total near to 300 plants now!), but needs a good sort out, some paths putting in and the beds defining, so guess we'll still be at it for a while yet!

So, now have to redo our planting plans, which is good as it'll make crop rotation easier and allow us some extra space for brassicas and tatties, plus a few other bits n bobs that we'd like to try!
                  Blessings
                  Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Comment

• Good luck to you Mrs D . Will keep you very busy . But iam sure it will work
                    out fine. Just think of all the jam you can make.

Comment

• congrats Mrs D & D; I just know you will have great success and enjoyment - and think of all the other stuff you'll be aable to grow : 1/4 plot potatoes, 1/4 plot courgettes/marrows/squashes, not to mention the fruit bushes and trees!!!
                      Enjoy

Comment

• Thanks guys, we will enjoy it, and I think we're going to give Miss D a patch for herself, if she's up for it!
                        Blessings
                        Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Comment

• Well done Mrs D and Mr D - its nice too see all your hardwork being rewarded! I think its lovely that Miss D will be able to have a go as well. Cant wait to see how you get on. DDL
                          Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

• At last started to build the raised beds yesterday . Managed to knock one
                            together on my own .

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...Picture003.jpg

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...Picture004.jpg

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...Picture007.jpg

Comment

• Wow! Nice one Pete! Thats looking good, much better than our slightly raised and very wonky beds! How many raised beds are you planning on making, and was it easy, or a bit more challenging? Oh, and how long did it take! Sorry for the questions, but it looks like the kind of thing we could do for our second plot!
                              Blessings
                              Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Comment

• Hi Mrs D planning on doing four to start with . Should get them done this
                                weekend as mate coming to give me a hand . The one i did took about three
                                hours with tea breaks ,But i took my time steady etc .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X