• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, as you have 12 ...... you might as well go for a Dodecagon

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
      Less of that language on here if you please...........there's kids watching you know!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
        I also thought about a lesser stellated dodecahedron!
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I see you've read this paper as well!

Google Image Result for http://www.ac-noumea.nc/maths/amc/polyhedr/PolyNav/Zen.jpg

Diversify & prosper

Comment

oooooooo fig 9 would be well cool with glass panels in it, it would make a great greenhouse ........ actually i hadn't, but i can count in greek lol

Comment

Maybe a coldframe with a glass or plastic top on or a nice tabletop raised bed to save the back ache!!!!

Comment

If they are oak then they would be great for making a compost area as they would last years before rotting.

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

Snadger, I think you should open something....

I'll get me coat.
                  Last edited by Peter; 18-01-2009, 09:18 PM.
                  Always thank people who have helped you immediately, as they may not be around to thank later.
                  Visit my blog at http://podsplot.blogspot.com/ - Updated 18th October 2009
                  I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                    Soooo....... I've been doing a bit of planning and scheming and I think I might go either pentagon,hexagon, octagon or some other 'gon' to be decided yet.

Basically a huge version of this for either a shed or chook house
                    Hmmm - there has always been a lot of urban mythology / new age discussion () concerning pyramidal-shaped things. Razor blades staying sharp forever when stored in something pyramidal etc. Always been sceptical myself, but you never know...

So maybe you should try and make a pyramidal run? Not only will it be unique but you might get immortal chooks. Or slightly freaked out ones, at any rate...

Although, of course, making a pyramid out of rectangular doors wont be that easy without a lot of sawing!

Woof
                    Having one child makes you a parent, having two makes you a referee...

Comment

I second the compost bin idea. You could use some as lids to stop rainwater getting in and heat getting out. If they still have hinges even better!!
                      http://plot62.blogspot.com/

Comment

Cut them into foot high strips and make loads of raised beds , they won't rot so easily either
                        "He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"

Comment

go for the compost bins first the another shed,you cannever have too much compost or too many sheds for that matter
                          don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
                          remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X