No announcement yet.

Wellies

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Called into Millets yesterday to check they had adult size boots/wellies and they do.

Alpine is the make, so you can have fake fur lined wellie/boots and no further concerns about cold feet and you still stay dry.

Comment

Originally posted by lisfty
      1972 Jackson 5 Paris France concert , 1975 Jackson 5 Mexico concert , 1979 Jackson 5 London U.K. destiny concert1981 Jackson 5 triumph concertJackson 5 destiny concert feature1993 Live.In.Israelangerous.Tour1993 Live.In.Tokyo Japanangerous.TourMichael Jackson Dangerous.Tour featureMichael Jackson dvd THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION1998 Live.In.Kuala Lumpur:History.Tour1999 Live.In.Taipei:History.report
      Does Michael were smart wellies?
      Pat
      "Did you ever walk in a room and forget why you walked in? I think that's how dogs spend their lives."

Comment

Originally posted by cornish crabber View Post
        Lucky you! Just had a look on Le Chameau website. They are £252 a pair!! They would have to last forever at that price
        Well, they certainly won't if you take them down the allotment. I once brought brand new wellies for the lottie...fork through them first w/e

They are fantastic boots, I am lucky enough to own a pair(a gift)...I am sure I look frightfully posh and country gent but then they are still not as warm as my leather walking boots...£14 in a sale!!! ...and my Dunlops (£5 in a sale) are just as waterproof and snug with 2 pairs of socks...ideal for digging in!!

Comment

Buy our wellies from jileon, always buy the wellie warmers mentioned above as get cold feet when we are working outside. See below:

Black Welly Warmers - Wellies Wellington Boots From Jileon Ltd

Regards

Neil

Comment

Hunter do Wellie warmers from £8.23 at Wellie-Web - Wellies and Wellington boots from Hunter, Aigle, Le Chameau and The Muck Boot Co.
            Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

I got a pair of Rigger Boots from B&Q a few years back & it's the best £25 I've ever spent. They have protective steel toe caps, a bonus for us lot when waving forks or spades around, plus a steel reinforced sole which makes digging SO much easier. They are brown leather & have a warm, furry lining, & coupled with a pair of walking-boot socks keep my feet & toes toasty warm & dry.
              I've seen them in other shops too but B&Q was the only place I found that did smaller sizes for ladies (though no doubt you could find them on-line somewhere).

Or if you don't fancy those, then my friends who own horses swear by Hunter's Neoprene 'Muck Boots' to keep them warm, but I think they're around £50 - £80 so a tad pricey!
              Many people have eaten in my kitchen & gone on to lead normal, healthy lives.

Comment

got my riggers from work as they are required to supply under health and safety,probably the mos comfortable pair of digging shoes i've ever owned,with two pairs of socks though.
                strangely i've never worn them to work though
                don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
                remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

I swear by 'Muck Boots' and wouldn't wear anything else. I'm out in all weather dealing with my two horses in the wilds of Northumberland, and I haven't suffered once with cold feet in the two years I've been wearing them. There are a load of different boots for gardening/equestrian/outdoor. Check them out of The Original Muck Boot Company

Comment

Wellies

Years ago on the farms in Scotland where I was brought up wellies were the common footwear summer and winter, My father, with no cash to spare for such poncey fal de rals as wellie warmers, used to line his wellies with fine hay, it insulated the feet from the cold ground and kept your feet toasty warm. The last time I used this was in 1995 when the frost in this area of Scotland got down to -25C, I worked all day feeding and fetching water for livestock and did'nt suffer from cold feet once. If you have a rabbit Mrs C nick some of his hay and try it
                    Jock
                    PS Think this was an idea learned from the Inuit in Canada
                    Jock

O' wad some Poo'er
                    the giftie gie us
                    tae see oor'sels
                    as ithers see us.......Robert Burns

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse