Tools that fall apart

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tools that fall apart

Look out for these garden shears. The handles fall off after a couple of months.
    They are sold in a number of outlets under there own brand name with the colour of the handle grips matching the livery of the store they are offered in.
    I have not bothered to show the handles on this pair.
    They can be fixed if you are equipped to do so.
    What look like rivets are just pins pushed into drilled holes. After a few day/night heat cycles they simply fall out usually the left one first.
    This can be fixed with engineering stud lock adhesive and clamping while it sets.
    The other problem is that the bladed have no "set" to them so they never cut thin grass at all as sold.
    You can see scratches from the tool marks on the blades left by my engineering vice when I set them so that the adjuster knob actually worked for the first time ever.
    The hammer finish handles pinned to the steel blades is the key feature you are looking for.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3743.JPG
Views:	1462
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	2564513 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3744.JPG
Views:	1455
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	2564514
    Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Oh gosh…most of us would have asked for a refund!
    Why not name the make? I think I found them online ….
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

There's a word missing on that centre adjuster pin................................."poor"

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        Oh gosh…most of us would have asked for a refund!
        Why not name the make? I think I found them online ….
        I had chucked the receipt away after using them once to trim a bush.
        It was later when I tried grass that I found that the adjuster did not work.
        I still used them for things like dock and mugwort and they just fell apart.
        There is no branding on the metal parts. They are sold as store brand with handle grips matching the livery of the store they are sold in.
        They are common in large supermarkets so the best way to spot them is not to name names as that may land you with the same item with different coloured handles.
        Just look for those handles with the hammer finish paint pinned to the blades and the shape of that adjuster knob.
        Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X