Poorly rosemary bush

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poorly rosemary bush

Advice please. This rosemary plant in my garden is not looking very well at all. It was fine two weeks ago. The weather is very dry for the moment but it did not suffer last year during the hot weather, which became a fierce drought towards the end. I can't see any sign of pest infestation (see picture)

In fact, my wife tells me she pruned it a few weeks ago but according to what she read it was perfectly OK to do so. The bottom part, I suppose the new growth is green, but top and centre is all brown.

Comment

It might be drought, or else damage caused by the cold winter we had (possibly both).
      The green parts look healthy enough, though, so I wouldn't worry too much about the survival of the bush. However, rosemary does not grow back from brown stems, so those brown parts should be cut right out, as they will never grow again.

Comment

It looks like it has been damaged.
        The green bits look OK so just have a look at the top of the root stock and see if any branches are broken. I had one that took a hit from someone who got drunk and fell onto it. It was lush without flowers until it recovered back to the original size.
        I just trimmed it bask to unbroken wood and the sap wood just shot up as fast as it could.
        Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

Thanks a lot for this advice.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X