Old liquid fertiliser

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old liquid fertiliser

I have a couple of half empty old ( 3 years at least ) liquid Tomato fertiliser, is it still safe to use. I’ve considered pouring it into the water butt to dilute it. What do people think.

I'm using a bottle of liquid seaweed fertiliser that was already open when it was given to me six years ago. No idea when it was bought or opened. My plants seem very happy with it. I do leave it very tightly closed and dilute it a bit more than the suggested ratio in case some of the water in it has evaporated.

Comment

I'd use it, I've found an older link that says the same.

Hope this helps..

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...does-it-go-off
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I can't see that it would be a problem, especially just 3 years old.
        Tomato feed is generally a chemical fertiliser, anyway, and since these are just based on water-soluble nutrient salts dissolved in water, they don't really deteriorate. If the lid isn't on tight the water can evaporate and leave it more concentrated, as mentioned above, and after a long time you can sometimes get crystals precipitating out on the bottom, but even then it's still usable.

Comment

If it does form crystals just put them on the ground between rows of plants and they will grow roots to reach them.
          Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

Thanks guys I’ll use and se what happens.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X