No announcement yet.

Am I making the right choice?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don’t need to dig up the patio if you grow in pots,on my patio I grow; potatoes,tomatoes,peppers,cucumbers,lettuce,rocket,spring onions,peach tree,peas,carrots,brussel sprouts once,small but can be grown in a potato bag firmed down hard. Cape gooseberries,red onions in a trough,courgette didn’t do well when I tried last year,it was a climbing variety shooting star but all three plants in different locations didn’t do well even in the soil. A lot can grow on a patio
    Last edited by Jungle Jane; 10-05-2021, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Wow well done Jungle Jane.
      ​​​​​​

Comment

I had a lot of help from this forum in achieving everything new I’ve grown,before the internet I only grew runner beans & tomatoes,tomatoes in grow bags as well,on top of the grass lol they could’ve just gone in the ground.

Comment

Like JJ I still grow a fair bit in tubs, buckets and containers, mostly its potatoes, courgettes, lettuce, radishes. spring onions, cucs, carrots and sometimes any spare parsnips.
          So long as you feed and water the crops do well.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

For me, gardening is cathartic and peaceful. An allotment does not discriminate, nor does it turn its back on you. It soothes even the most savage of us on our worst days.

I go to the allotment daily, often more than once. It is my mediation and my therapy. I spend time walking down the rows, noticing the subtle differences of the plants.

Sometimes I take a glass of water and a book and sit in the garden for hours at a time. Honestly, there is nothing quite like it.

Be thoughtful, plan ahead, and take your time. Be patient and vigilant.
            Geordie

Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure

Comment

Originally posted by Compostman2 View Post
              £240 for allotment sounds a lot to me.
              You can grow a lot of food in a small area.
              I gave that plot up and decided to wait. I have not grown anything where I am living at the moment and still not closer to buying my own house yet, but I am currently 2nd on my council waiting list for a allotment. Fingers crossed I get it this year.
              Carrie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X