Why do I feel like a criminal?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do I feel like a criminal?

Some people were felling some trees and chipping the branches. They were on council land but they must have been contracted. I walked past and noticed that the chipped bark was just going back in piles at the shrubbery at the tree bottom. I asked them if they were going to use it or could I have some. They told me they didn’t need it and I could have what I wanted. So after they left I went there with a few bags and got myself some bark mulch but I felt really bad. I felt like all the neighbours were watching and thinking oh look it’s that mad woman from number 6 being mad again. Lol. I am sure it will come in handy for my new allotment but I still feel bad. There’s loads there but I just can’t get anymore as I feel bad even though I am doing nothing wrong. 😒

Tell them you are re-cycling.

Comment

Anyone questions you, tell them you asked permission. Or if you want, put up a sign saying "Help yourself".

Comment

You must be "young". I have found as I get older I care less what others think (as long as I am not doing something illegal of course). Take a " Geri"(atric) with you. They will generally sort out any "idiots". My husband (age 91) can make most young "eco-idiots back down and reconsider their ideas. Some have even ended up as friends.

Comment

Neighbours probably weren’t watching,if they were it would look like you’re tidying up lol! Don’t worry what other people think,it’s what you think personally that matters. Collect more if you want it,if someone else wanted it they would,it’s probably because no one else wants it,it feels a bit mad. If it was gold coins it would be a different story

Comment

Do not worry you asked so that's then end of it.

You are making a great improvement on the environment by using this very valuable product.

I do this all the time never been challenge,

I am always on the lookout for tree surgeons working and always stop and ask if they have a use for the chippings.

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
              Tell them you are re-cycling.
              or its a 3d jigsaw
              ntg
              Never be afraid to try something new.
              Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
              A large group of professionals built the Titanic
              ==================================================

Comment

Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                You must be "young". I have found as I get older I care less what others think (as long as I am not doing something illegal of course). Take a " Geri"(atric) with you. They will generally sort out any "idiots". My husband (age 91) can make most young "eco-idiots back down and reconsider their ideas. Some have even ended up as friends.
                we have the advantage that Life imprisnment isn't so much of a deterant comparied to a 20 year old
                ntg
                Never be afraid to try something new.
                Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                ==================================================

Comment

Last time I got some they had pointed the shredder into the back of there truck so I was only allowed what I could take while they were putting there tools away.
                  Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

"Last time I got some they had pointed the shredder into the back of there truck"

Route discussion time...Not going via my plot way by any chance?

Comment

Free chipping? Oh wow!...keep helping yourself.

Urmmmm...out of interest...has anyone introduced you to the other popular gardeners pastime of skip diving???
                      Now THAT does feel like stealing , even if you do have permission
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                        Free chipping? Oh wow!...keep helping yourself.

Urmmmm...out of interest...has anyone introduced you to the other popular gardeners pastime of skip diving???
                        Now THAT does feel like stealing , even if you do have permission
                        I agree about the skip diving......it makes me feel guilty even if it is only recycling really. I once met an old couple in Spain who at first acquaintance appeared very "posh", until after a couple of bottles of wine he (the major) told me he had made a short ladder for his wife so that she didn't fall in a skip again while raiding it.

Comment

If they've told you, you can have it, then you can, and I know you reckon you can feel the neighbours eyes burning holes in your back from behind the nets, I can promise you, they're not, it just feels like it, as others have said, as you get older the less you care about what other people think.
                          ​​​​​​A chap across the road from us had a diseased blue cedar taken down, me and a mate from the allotment went and asked and they kindly dropped about 4 tons of the stuff outside the gate to the allotment, result 😁

Comment

Skip Diving is another good pastime.

Around here people put stuff they don't need outside there property for others to use, a great way of recycling.

Comment

It took all my courage just to ask so doubt if skip diving will be anytime soon. My son says that I shouldn’t worry as nobody cares anyway and I just have to man up as he tells me. Lol. I may go back for more tomorrow........

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X