Cardboard for weed suppression

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardboard for weed suppression

Now I know this is going to be my first stupid question but am going to ask anyway. Where do you all get your cardboard from for weed suppression. I went to my local supermarket and I explained what I wanted but they told me they didn’t have any and even if they did I couldn’t have any. It’s kind of put me off asking another one so thought I would ask here.

I work in a cinema (well, usually. I'm on furlough right now), so I get mine from work. We get through tons of it.

Comment

Bile shops would be glad to get rid of it methinks. Aldi used to have piles of cardboard by the door for 'projects'. I used to grab half a dozern boxes each time I shopped. They have stopped doing it now though.
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I will have to try some other supermarkets As maybe they were just having a bad day

Comment

Ask on local community pages such as nextdoor or your local facebook pages or freecycle, or go bin diving when the cardboard bins are put out
          Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
          Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
          https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
          Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

Over here you can get cardboard from places like decathlon which have protective cardboard during transit for the bikes they sell.
            I managed to get a lot from the IKEA kitchen units I bought and then from a friend who replaced her kitchen from IKEA.
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

My son does skip diving all the time but I am just so much more ..... reserved??? ... timid? I need to be more unfearful of asking. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rose willow View Post
                My son does skip diving all the time but I am just so much more ..... reserved??? ... timid? I need to be more unfearful of asking. Lol
                Round here we have a saying "Shy bairns get nowt"
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I spotted someone stacking cardboard from new doors next to their car after a quick word they were very pleased not to have to take it to the tip and I'd got enough to cover my beds.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

If you have a ‘recycling collection’, have a wander along the road, you’ll see lots, especially at the moment as people are having so much delivered

Comment

All of the above, also is anyone near you having a new kitchen? Cardboard city.

My neighbour's kid saved all his money and bought himself a massive flat screen telly. The box for that was big enough to cover a bed on it's own...

Any car dealerships, light industry etc will probably have a lot of cardboard. The advantage is that they are not shinily printed to appeal to consumers, but be careful there is no oil contamination/shake out any swarf etc

you can, at a push, use newspaper in layers, but I tend to do that only for gaps.

Comment

Lidl always has trolleys full of cardboard boxes to take, if you have a Costco card and there’s one near you, there are generally massive piles of boxes by the checkouts.
                        I’m lucky that at work there’s a constant supply of boxed items arriving, and I can take what I like since it costs money to dispose of it

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X