No announcement yet.

1st Plot

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sadly it has all melted and plot now looks like a jungle again! I managed to get down there for an hour before it got dark. Cleared out shed (7 bags of rubbish!) and dug over about a metre square- then it really was too dark!
    Tori

Comment

Luckily for us we managed to miss the snow but it was very cold with showers. Still managed to get a fair bit done though

I do feel for you having snow covering your new plot on the first weekend. Having something new and not being able to use/play/do anything with it would drive me mad
      Attached Files
      "When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
      So, let's all get drunk and go to heaven!" Brian O'Rourke

Comment

Originally posted by Beetroot Bob View Post
        it's looking much better already but still a lot to do (dam couch grass ).
        Don't waste your couch grass ... rot it down in a bucket of water. When it's all stinky, add it to your compost heap.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Wow - you did loads more than me Bob! Yes it was very annoying not being able to get anything done last weekend! Looking forward to this one coming - hoping for sun!!
          Tori

Comment

Wait till you see the progress with the shed and beds after today !!!

The inlaws been there today. Now got water but sorted fed by guttering from the shed !!! How posh are we ???
            "When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
              Don't waste your couch grass ... rot it down in a bucket of water. When it's all stinky, add it to your compost heap.
              HHHHhhhhmmmm !!! Now this is where the problems start !

Some people say burn it, some say dump it, some say compost it ....

We're getting so much advice which do we listen to ????

At the moment all the roots and grss is being dumped as we haven't sorted a composter yet. BUT with so much conflicting advice who do you listed to (on offence 2Sheds).

Comment

* wicked EVIL grin*
                ya know? we could be lyin, or we could be tellin the truth as we know it? or our grandaddy could have bin lyin to us..........then again i heard an angel, whisper in ma ear...the only way you are ever gonna know is to try it............each and every it..... or trust your instincts and pick the answer which speaks to your heart.............betcha come back now, just to let us know, cos the fun is in the trying.
                Vive Le Revolution!!!
                'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Think for now I'll listen to Keith on the plot next to us. Get a feeling that if we don't we'll be sent to head master

Comment

Keith 'KNOWS'
                    Vive Le Revolution!!!
                    'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                    Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

some people say burn it, some say dump it, some say compost it ....
                      At the moment all the roots and grss is being dumped as we haven't sorted a composter yet. BUT with so much conflicting advice who do you listed to (on offence 2Sheds).
                      In my opinion, you should have a composting system in place before you start clearing ... no offence

What you do is listen to the advice, but think about it. Why are you doing such and such? Tailor it to your own situation.

You mustn't put couch roots on your compost because they will grow back, and infest your compost heap.

However, you can use them if they are dead (burnt or rotted). They are full of nutrients, so it's a waste to bin them.
                      I always rot mine down, or burn them in the sun for a week, then I re-use them ... as compost. Nothing is wasted on my plot. Not even wee

Comment

All of what your saying makes sense 2sheds. We wanted to clear a place for the compost bins so we didn't have to keep moving them. Think that may be the first job or this weekend. We've got an old kitchen bin that we've started using for stuff at home that'll be transfered to the new compost bins.

How long does drowning the couch grass take ??

Comment

How long does drowning the couch grass take ??
                          Couple of weeks? Depends on the weather. I tend to just put it all in a bucket and forget about it, to be honest. When you empty it on your compost heap, make it the last job of the day. It stinks that bad.

Comment

Where's ya proof then Bob? Let's have some photos!
                            Tori

Comment

Forgot to take pics. Before our next session I'll take some more pics and get them posted.

Comment

Originally posted by snuffer View Post
                                We're still not allowed sheds on our plots but I keep chipping away at the parish council and hope, one day, they will allow them.
                                Why do some councils not allow sheds and how do you manage without one? When I had my first plot I didn't have a shed at first. As I live in a flat all my tools etc stayed in the boot of the car. I've recently transferred from my original plot - long story - and now have 2 sheds on my new one, a tool shed and a tea shed!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X