Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixing teas...

(weed etc teas).

I've got a bin full of weed tea (marestail, dock, couchgrass, bindweed), and I also have a now-established comfrey bush.

Should I do a separate "pot" of comfrey tea, or just shove it all in together?

and what biscuits would you serve with it?

I'd do comfrey tea separately, as it is high in potassium and therefore good for fruiting crops, but mixing would dilute that.

To be honest, I'm personally rather wary of weed tea as I'm fairly sure it's that which made my squash plants die prematurely last year. It's also incredibly acidic - any metal tools which come in contact with it rust literally overnight. Bright orange by the next morning.

Comment

I'd do comfrey tea separately too, as it is so good for fruit and flowers.

And I'd serve it with lavender shortbread biscuits.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

Lavender shortbread biscuits......mmmmm…..is there a recipe for those anywhere...…...please.

Comment

I keep mine separate using weed/nettle teas for brassicas then comfrey tea on courgettes, toms and cucs.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
            Lavender shortbread biscuits......mmmmm…..is there a recipe for those anywhere...…...please.
            2oz caster sugar
            1 teaspoon dried lavender flowers
            4oz butter
            6oz plain flour

Put the sugar and flowers in a processor and whizz until fine. (You can leave it like that, but I like to sieve the sugar to remove any bits of flowers so you are left with the flavour but not the bittiness).
            Add the butter and flour to the sugar in the processor and whizz again until it starts to come together in a ball.
            Turn out onto a work surface lightly dusted with caster sugar (not flour - this gives the biscuits a little more crunch) and roll or press out to about half a centimetre thick.
            Cut into biscuit shapes with a cutter and place on a baking sheet - no need to grease it - all that butter in them!
            Bake at Gas 4, 180C for 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

I can be a bit erratic in producing my teas. Weed tea is an occasional one and used as a general feed on whatever. Nettle tea I use for leafy or root production and then switch to comfry for the flowering/fruiting stage. I will sometimes dilute urine and a tea in the watering can at the same time, but don't mix my teas (that would be uncooth)!
              I'm sure the plants don't give a hoot, they will take what they want and ignore our interference. Mother nature is clever like that.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X