Damaged Ultra-fine mesh

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damaged Ultra-fine mesh

I’ve just put a piece of ultra-fine Environmesh through the washing machine and it has chaffed against the drum and there are now some holes in the mesh. Agghhhh!

I've washed other pieces in the machine before with no trouble, but this one was just too big. :-(

Any ideas how I can repair it? I think I need to stick/seal some patches over the holes as it needs to keep it's ultrafine mesh qualities as I use it to keep Allium Weevil off my onions & leeks.

Not sure what adhesive to use. Anybody got any suggestions?

Thanks!

Ian

No idea - but are you any good with a needle and thread?
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I use a good duct tape and tape both sides, so that the tape sticks to itself through the hole.
      Be sure to use one with a good glue, though. The rubbish ones just peel off in the sun (it seems to be sun more than water that does for them). I find Wilko-own stuff to be very good.

Comment

You could stick a patch over the damaged area using clear silicone sealant. Just make sure it squishes right through the mesh.
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

I have fine enviromesh and if I can't darn it I use a bit of scrap mesh and patch the hole using a running stich
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X