No announcement yet.

It's all YOUR fault!!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahhh thats a shame, but she obviously knows how therapeutic the garden has been, and anything that helps make the cash go further has to be a good thing

Comment

well she was all' whats the security like there, will you be able to have a shed to lock your stuff up?' and I'm like, 'I dunno, i haven't asked, will if they offer me one'
      a friend who lives backing onto them though says security is good, high fence, locked, have to be a keyholder to get in, and as noone even knows its there, that helps.
      Last edited by BrideXIII; 04-11-2008, 10:17 PM.
      Vive Le Revolution!!!
      'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
      Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
        nah, mum has a mahoosive garden and chickens of her own ... i think next year she will be winding the garden down a bit
        Ah what a shame. Could she bear to let part of it out for Hugh's Landshare scheme? Maybe a tasty young chap could garden half of it
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

a tasty young man can come and do all of my garden ..... as long as he keeps his shirt off

Comment

I have a full plot 10 rods x 1 rod and although its new am quite confident I can manage it and will need that space. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a small freezer as hopefully next year I will have a glut of produce I can freeze. My brother has a garden with raised beds that is about the same square footage to my plot and is self-sufficient in veg for him and his lady as well as donations to little sis until hers grows. Go for the whole plot if you can.

Comment

I am not sure if all allotment sites do this but on ours if you take over an 'untidy plot' you get it rent free the second year. Mine was classed as untidy, overgrown is a better description and part of it still is.

The part I've cleared I plant up and try to keep tidy and gradually work on making the rest useful and productive. Mine is ten rods and that is classed as half a plot on our site. Half a plot is about right for me, on my own I knew that I could not clear 20 rods and keep it under control. I have no where on the site to store tools so walk for 20 mins. there and back carrying a spade/fork or whatever tools I need. The lack of storage and walking means I have to plan what jobs I will tackle, before I set out. Sometimes it can be hardwork but it is enjoyable and to be working in on your own plot with a bird singing in the trees is so peaceful and relaxing. Good luck with finding a plot you like.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                Ah what a shame. Could she bear to let part of it out for Hugh's Landshare scheme? Maybe a tasty young chap could garden half of it
                well we have thought of that, but being her age she is very security concious. She will probrably utilise it all, just easier stuff to manage, she i s more into flowers, it's a wonderful mature garden with trees shrubs and flowers rambling all over the place, and she has me and my brothers to do the heavy digging, and enough grandchildren to co-opt in if need be, my two come over with me in the holidays and we get stuck in.
                Vive Le Revolution!!!
                'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X