It's all YOUR fault!!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snadger View Post

Now I have two 10 rod plots next to each other with a few chooks on and I'm getting itchy fingers again................there's another odd shaped plot may be coming available which no one wants.........30 rods, yeah I could just about handle that...........I've already got it planted up in my minds eye.................but I digress!
    You too??!!makes me feel just ever so slightly les mad!!!

Bride~if you can get a full 10 rod plot I would do all you can to find the initial outlay,as NOG said,once you've planted your spuds & onions then that's pretty much(at least)the 1st 1/2 planted!!Then depending on what you want to grow on top of that.We grow a lot of squash,which need copious amounts of space & for us fill another 1/2 a plot....& that's not even taken into account everything else.
    If it's overgrown previously unworked ground,then the first bit of work is going to be the hardest,once that's done,if you can manage to stay on top of things it gets easier.I'd say Go For It!!....oh & Good Luck!
    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

well i figure a ton of cardboard and digging over a bit each day will get the job done, I can't afford fancy fertiliser and stuff, but, even if I get bad crops at first from not so good ground, and have to do a mass of weeding all the time, sooner or later it will get better, and at least i will have room for a decent compost heap, so that will help, I plan to use one end for that, to take up some undeveloped space and provide compost for the rest, slowly slowly catchee monkey, doesn't all have to be done at once, just needs to look like its being worked at.
      Vive Le Revolution!!!
      'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
      Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Originally posted by Finedon.Dandy View Post
        It says in our deeds that we cannot keep livestock. Even if hubby wasnt such a goody goody, if we did get some chooks, our neighbour doesnt like us so he would report us for sure.
        ahhhhh but you see, they aren't livestock ..... they are pets so you have them there guess i'll have to let you have a baby chick to name too, so at least you have one even from afar

*really really hopes at least 2 hatch*
        Last edited by lynda66; 04-11-2008, 11:41 AM.

Comment

bride, i reckon if you eat egg and beans on toast for a week, you'll manage the extra £24 in one go ok everyone will avoid you like the plague, but at least you'll have the lottie

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
            bride, i reckon if you eat egg and beans on toast for a week, you'll manage the extra £24 in one go ok everyone will avoid you like the plague, but at least you'll have the lottie
            lol if only, one brat wont eat eggs, the other doesn't eat beans, and we only spend £30 a week on shopping as it is, don't fret though, it's taken care off, one way or another if they offer a full plot we can find the dosh.
            Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

ahhhhh but you see, they aren't livestock ..... they are pets so you have them there guess i'll have to let you have a baby chick to name too, so at least you have one even from afar

*really really hopes at least 2 hatch*
              Yes please - I will think up a lovely name - I promise!
              Tammy x x x x
              Fine and Dandy but busy as always

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

Stay at home Mum (and proud of it) to Bluebelle(8), Bashfull Bill(6) and twincesses Pea & Pod (2)!!!!

Comment

good is smiling now ...... ok, shoot the kids lol ...... what's the betting, that when you get the lottie, and have chooks, that when you make your own beans and scrambled eggs, they'll wolf em down ...... my son would never eat eggs either, except the yolks on his soldiers ...... now he eats ton's of the things, cos apparently when combined with going to the gym 3 times a week ......they turn a stick insect into a stick insect with bumps where his muscles should be

Comment

Start saving now a couple of pounds a week while you wait and you will soon have the money, mine is only £18 a year plus £1 for shop card. Just paid mine.
                  Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                  and ends with backache

Comment

Forgot if over 60 its £14.50p
                    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                    and ends with backache

Comment

oh yeah, do they not do a long term unemployed/disabled/oap rate?? ours do it half price, £21 for the year instead of £42.

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
                        I can't afford fancy fertiliser
                        you don't need it. Plants will get what they need from the soil (if weeds are already growing well, then there are clearly nutrients to be had in that soil).

You'll improve your soil with compost, over time. No rush. As you say, slowly slowly catchee chickee
                        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Finedon.Dandy View Post
                          Yes please - I will think up a lovely name - I promise!
                          well that's 2 names sorted (sorry missed this before lol) only a couple of days to go now

Comment

oh yeah, do they not do a long term unemployed/disabled/oap rate?? ours do it half price, £21 for the year instead of £42.
                            not sure, i know they do a 25% discount for pensioners, need to ask if they offer me one if i get a reduction for income support.

i told my mum earlier, thinking she would go mad and say i had enough on my plate already, how wrong can you get, she is dead excited too and is all for it.

she also though havinga few banty's would be a good idea if i get the allotment, but at home, so i shall keep it in mind for next year maybe.
                            Last edited by BrideXIII; 04-11-2008, 10:03 PM.
                            Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

well maybe your mum will get some enjoyment out of helping and eating fresh stuff too ....... you don't lose anything by asking

Comment

well maybe your mum will get some enjoyment out of helping and eating fresh stuff too ....... you don't lose anything by asking
                                nah, mum has a mahoosive garden and chickens of her own, since my dad died earlier this year she is only coping with it with help from me, but she lives a good 10 miles away and i can only get over once a week, so it's no good planting my stuff there, i think next year she will be winding the garden down a bit, less stuff now there is only her, and she is letting the chickens go, as they grow old, not breeding any new ones. At 74 she has enough to do, but i shall be grateful for all the advice.
                                Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X