I Love It!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsc2b View Post
    Mr C had the cartlidge removed in one knee this year, he was in agony prior and I couldn't believe how much it swoll up and restricted his movement etc. Saying that I have suffered with back problems to the point when it does go I can't walk (it's frightening the 1st time it happened). However, another friendly grape recommended exercise (yoga based) and I have since join my son's Judo Club who have set up a class for Mums on a Japanese Body Conditioning exercise (from which Yoga was taken). I cannot tell you how much this has improved my back! One of the ladies (and we are all shapes, age and sizes) has severe arthritis in her hips and she swears by it! Just a thought. I was really worried the first time as I thought my back would give in, but it hasn't.
    LOl , ok if i agree to take up judo, yet again ( 12 years last time) will you promise to help me with my lottie if i can't move
    Vive Le Revolution!!!
    'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
    Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

I did Judo too, for ten years.
      It's not as popular now (too gentle?) - most of the kids do karate now.

(sorry Sally, we've hijacked your thread)
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by bluemoon View Post
        Ah, the chatty plot holders. And the men are the worst!
        You are so right!! The old boys on our site can chat for hours. I'm sure they only go up at weekends for a chat as they are retired and do all their work during the week! But I often come home with my lunch or tea. It's as bad if I meet my dad for a drink on a Friday night. He's 83 and I've learnt so much over a few pints with all the old boys. Books are great to sit with but you can't beat the years of experience, and stories, from these guys.

Comment

It's great, chatting and growing and sharing a passion. I only got my lottie in April (from a green field council site) and this whole experience is changing my life. The mental health services here in N. Ireland are laughable (if I wasn't suffering from severe depression that is) but this Ecotherapy , planning, being outside with a purpose and meeting new people has quite literally saved my life.

Enjoy your plot and the chat!!!
          http://growourown.blogspot.com/

Comment

Too right Carrie! A lot of people on the 'Vine (me included) have found gardening to be fantastic therapy

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
              Too right Carrie! A lot of people on the 'Vine (me included) have found gardening to be fantastic therapy
              And a lot on the vine NEED therapy as well!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Carrie G View Post
                It's great, chatting and growing and sharing a passion.
                You're so right Carrie, it is and it spans across the generations. In our family our youngest green fingers are 4 and the eldest 84!! On our site we have the 'old boys' who have been there for 20years or more and alongside them the young families with toddlers. It really is a great community feeling, even with the occassional moaning

Comment

Our plots are brand new, only handed over by the council in April and still being carved up for more applicants. We have a pretty good mix too, and it's lovely because we are all learning from one another. Even older retired people are coming to much younger people and asking for advice. The community feeling is lovely, only I wish more of the tenants were as passionate as the hard core wee group I am friends with. You know, even moaning can be fun!! I hope for the day when I can have my children on my plot with me.
                  http://growourown.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                    And a lot on the vine NEED therapy as well!
                    Cheeky beggar! I hope you are including yourself in that? We've all heard you talking to your chooks you know!
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                      Cheeky beggar! I hope you are including yourself in that? We've all heard you talking to your chooks you know!
                      The chooks ARE my therapists though!
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I am pleased its not just me , my lottie (mm long story ) literally saved my life too , it gave me the strength (slow at first ) ,you eventually had a sense of achievement .
                        More so i have gained many freinds from this forum even though some people wanted my private life published (they seem to know more about me then me ?) .I hope we can all gain strength in our hobbies , i use to gain peace from my space and we all have allotments for lots of reasons.
                        Take photographs today because tommorow you might not have

Together everyone achieves more

Comment

Not just you at all Tricky. I dont have a lottie but the garden has helped keep me sane. Or as sane as I'm gonna be. All things are relative after all
                          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
                            All things are relative after all
                            and that includes the relatives that drove you insane in the first place.
                            Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

Oooo you met my kids then Bride?
                              WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
                                Oooo you met my kids then Bride?
                                yep, you must have got them the same place as i got mine, after all they do say:
                                insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
                                Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X