No announcement yet.

sqaush

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my first year growing squash (Burgess Buttercup from Real Seeds), and I've only got one fruit - most of the flowers were male

Next year I'm going to try Uchiki Kuri (because it's supposed to be easy) and Hunter, a hardy butternut designed for the UK climate (allegedly)...

Comment

My cobnut plants I grew last year were beautiful, as were the winter festival squash.

No flowers on mine yet, as we got them in a bit late.

The Sunshine Squash and the Mars pumpkins are doing well, and the random 99p pumpkin plant I got in homebase is now about 3m long and has a fruit about 6ins diameter on it! Hurrah!
      ---
      Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Comment

i only got my allotment this march and put in everything i could!! i took some seeds out of a supermarket butternut squash and stuck them in pots and was very surprised to see them grow i transferred them (3 plants) into a raised bed when they were big enough and although they were slow at first they soon got going there was loads of foliage at first and i thought that that would be it but at the moment theres about 6 squashes on them some only small but already about 3 good sized ones they are stripey and light green at the moment but assume they will start to change colour as they ripen everything has gone berserk at the allotment and we even won came second in the newcomer category at the open day i was chuffed !!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X