No announcement yet.

Allotment Blues

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when i first cleared my garden, i weed killered it, then dug up the lawn and re-laid it, then weedkillered it again when the weeds came through before seeding ......after 3 years, i still only get the occasional weed come through, and now i don't use any chemicals if i can avoid it ....... saved days of work, .... i'd do the same in an allotment...... but definitely dig, then leave a few weeks, and weedkiller again, as you do get loads of weeds as you have disturbed roots and seeds ....... then i'd cover it with plastic to ensure nothing grows whilst waiting to be planted

most weedkillers have a short half life, so you can plant in a few weeks ....... or if you're worried about the chemicals, do half the plot, then work on the other half by hand ..... get some mates down, to show off their digging prowess, and do a BBQ for after and give them beer (or does that only work with teenagers?)

Comment

When I took on our plots, I did try putting up notices at work.

"Plot 122 Health Club, free membership. Step Classes (stepping to and from the tap). Combat Aerobics (digging trenches etc). Fully Air Conditioned"

Didn't get any takers though!
      I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X