How big is your allotment???

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shortie
    I know it ain't an allotment but I'llhave 90 acres to play with next easter, so if you wanna move awee bit further north.................
    Rat

British by birth
    Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
    http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Novel chat up line Rat
      ntg
      Never be afraid to try something new.
      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
      ==================================================

Comment

Cheers Nick - bit more to offer than " I've gotta brand new combine harvester ". Maybe I should extend the offer to all grapes and we could start a self sufficiency commune?
        Rat

British by birth
        Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
        http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hmmmmmmmm rat features!! lolololol Yeahhhhh some chat up line!!

Im feeling rather miffed here as everyone seems to be paying peanuts for their allotments.

We pay £60 a year but thats between two of us so not so bad I guess

The size though..........wellllllllllll Im not good on sizes but I think the bloke said it was half a plot.......would that be right??

I think 0.5 or summats like that......I'll have to get me tape measure out.

Comment

Originally posted by sewer rat View Post
            Shortie
            I know it ain't an allotment but I'llhave 90 acres to play with next easter, so if you wanna move awee bit further north.................
            A "wee" bit I'm like, the other end of the map from you!

Yes, I thought it was quite unsubtle too Nick
            Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Didn't realise we were comparing costs too. We pay £30 per year for the two plots combined. Only have standpipes, no toilets or electric. There are one or two sites with a club room and lots of facilities but their rent is over twice what we pay.

As for the self-sufficiency commune Rat didn't the BBC do something like that a few years ago?
              Bright Blessings
              Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

200 square feet!

Comment

470sq foot

Comment

We pay £40 for Full plot £20 half plot.....But there are plots and plots....my main plot is on the edge of the road so its at least a plot an a half. I only have to pay £40 as the bottom strip is un-plantable as there are trees on it.
                    2 Plum, 4 damson, 2 apple, 1 pear... Was very dificult keeping a straight face when they told me that.

But for £40 we get, Mains water to each plot, shop, licianced club, canteen with breakfasts on Sat and Sun, free manure.
                    My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Our plot is 11 meters by 25 meters, 20 roughly 275 meters square, and cost is £40 a year, plus £5 subs!

We get a standpipe per 5 plots, an on site shop (open sundays) which sells cheap seeds and compost, use of the cabin (loos, brew making stuff and 2 tellys??), free bark and thats about it! We are quite happy with what we get and what we pay, the sense of community is great, part of the good thing about having a plot rather than a larger garden!
                      Blessings
                      Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                      Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                      Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                      On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

i have an allotment in flampstead as i live there and i only pay 5pound a year

Comment

Okay, since everyone else is being so polite, I can't resist saying it...size isn't everything, it's what you do with it that matters !
                          There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

but a big one gives you more oppurtunity Snohare
                            ntg
                            Never be afraid to try something new.
                            Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                            A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                            ==================================================

Comment

Not if you're infamous for always being hard up, Nick !
                              There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Sorry snohare that leads to too many comments and as a urology nurse(for my day job) my mind has gone into overdrive.
                                Bright Blessings
                                Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X