Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voice of doom and gloom from a neighbour- reassurance please!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KateG - this reminds me of a chap who came over to chat when I was about four days into my plot. He had just watched me planting a full row of cauliflowers in my one working bed at the time. He said, "you'll be lucky to grow anything this year because the land hasn't been worked for over 15 years, but you might get something next year." I didn't feel the need to say to him that I DID think I'd grow something, but I did have a little niggle that maybe he knew something I didn't and that it would all be a big waste of time. I just planted stuff and left it to good ole mother nature.

Needless to say he hasn't been over to comment further now my whole plot is growing like nobody's business since we've had a bit of rain in the last few days! Reply to your neighbour with just getting on with it and letting him see for himself that your plot is just as good as anybody elses, if not better!

Kris

Comment

I know someone who made there plot dud for one year only! They got a load of unrotted horsemuck which was mainly urine soaked wood shavings and spread it over the whole plot!Needless to say, nothing would grow THAT year, but the following year they had bumper crops!

Hopefully yours will have had the same treatment LAST year KateG!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Don't be put off KateG, when he comes with his doom and gloom, as i always say, imagine he has one of those joke arrows through his head. He will probably want to know what your grinning at. Good luck with your plot.
        good Diggin, Chuffa.

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

http://chuffa.wordpress.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X