No announcement yet.

Using corner of field !

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compo, did you do anything about your corner of a field?
    I ask because I was a bit worried about everything being eaten by rabbits and badgers but looking across to a nearby field I saw that someone had planted up about an acre.
    I went in to have a nose and see that they have spuds,carrots,parsnips,onions,brassicas,courgettes etc all growing well and, as far as I can see, not eaten to the ground.
    Neither do they have any form of netting around the plants. I've never seen the people on the field so can't ask them how they manage.
    Have you planted anything yet? and if so, what?

Comment

I found this thread really interesting. We'll be moving in the next 12-18 months as we've bought a plot and will be building our new house, unfortunately the garden won't be as large as the one we have at the moment. Was giving serious consideration to renting or buying a field to give us more growing space. We live in the country so hopefully there should be some possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by amandaandherveg View Post
        I found this thread really interesting. We'll be moving in the next 12-18 months as we've bought a plot and will be building our new house, unfortunately the garden won't be as large as the one we have at the moment. Was giving serious consideration to renting or buying a field to give us more growing space. We live in the country so hopefully there should be some possibilities.
        Good luck with your search for a field. It took us two years of looking before we got ours. You may have more luck renting.

Comment

Happens here all the time, you see fields with small areas marked off and used for domestic growing all round us here - including one of the bestest veggie gardens I've ever seen in my life.
          TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Chicken wire is great for keeping the rabbits out. Its a good idea when rolling out the wire to bend over at least 12 inches at the bottom facing the outside of the plot and peg it down at intervals- this deters them from burrowing under the fencing I don't know if I've just been very lucky but I haven't had one rabbit in my plot and there are loads in the area.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X