No announcement yet.

Wooooooohoooooooooo!!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello I to am new, to allotment growing to, I have half a plot it was in a neglected state when I had it ,yes I had it rotavated for me but all the weeds and docks were dug out before it was rotavated and I only have to keep hoeing the new weeds out .so take heart, you will so see how lovely and friendly your other allotmenteers are I love my plot.
    Flowerpower.

Comment

well done N G lot of hard work ahead but very worth while .i would not rotovate just cuts up the weeds & makes it worse best to do it by hand till you get it clean then you can rotovate it .

Comment

Congratulations on the new plot arrarngement! I too secured a plot today ( and smiling, smiling smiling ) Same story though, hell of a lot of work to do. Brambles, weed, thistles etc etc. But its all part of the fun!

Comment

WooooooooooooHooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Take it easy, N G, dont go in with a rush!!! go in with a plan, and stick to it, kept changing mine, after 18 years still changing!!!!
          Best of luck, and enjoy your first pickings, you will never get veg from a supermarket again!!

Comment

Well done NG! It really is exciting isnt it? I would say take your time and enjoy! Good look and best wishes. Bernie aka DDL
            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Good-oh! Congrats from me too. My little half plot I got in March is all but full now - except for the courgettes and squashes. Mine was in great nick though.
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Great news NG, we took on our plot in January - it was pretty bad then, but we've made pretty good progress. We didn't want to rotavate. My OH has managed to dig over 1/2 the plot, but we were running out of space,so we had the front half rotavated (it was lawn before) so we had room to put some spuds in. They seem to be doing fine - at the moment.

I look on it as an experiment this year. I had a plan, then another, then another - it has kind of evolved. My crop rotation plan hasn't worked, because I've been planting out as soon as new space has been dug - but things are growing and we've been eating home grown lettuce and spinach for a couple of weeks now. It's fab. Enjoy!

Comment

Well done Novice Gardener - welcome to the club. Book your first physiotherapy session now in case there's a waiting list!! May the sun shine on you and your plot and may the snails and slugs eat your neighbours veg.

Enjoy!!
                  Gardening is a matter of your enthusiasm holding up until your back gets used to it.

Comment

I took on 3 plots just under 2 years ago and that was like a jungle.

I have been doing these in stages, some of it has been covered in weed control fabric now for best part of this time. It does not look pretty but it gives a chance in the race against weeds etc.

I always knew it was going to be a long haul thing but at least it is enjoyment not a pain.

One thing I would suggest you do, well it's worked for me. Draw a scaled plan of your plot with what you want to do in pencil and as you complete a bit, draw it in ink. It's great seeing it all come together. Also you can pencil in each thing you grow and gives a better chance of rotating your crops
                    I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Comment

Well I spent my first day there yesterday, clearing out two huge compost bins that were full of weeds, cans, bottles and paint tins!!!! I also cleared a piece of land at the top bit, got out all the weeds (hopefully) and dug it over. I thought of doing this bit as a mixed bed just so I can get some veggies in the ground while I work on the rest of the plot bit by bit Boy do I ache today!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X