No announcement yet.

How much Time on Average??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH spent lots of hours on the plot last spring diggin to get the uncultivated ground dug over and the (very worst only) of the couch grass removed. Probably about 3-4 hours every saturday/sunday for about 2 months and we only got just less than half the plot dug over (and I was doing a certain amount of that too).

He did another load of time in the autumn - strimming, spraying and covering the ground for the autumn. And again this spring (although we haven't had enough time this spring so are basically doing a quick dig over and plant spuds job).

It's nowhere near properly done yet, but the way we look at it is we are trying to get more space as we can but at least growing stuff on parts and getting veg out of it in the meantime. And prioritisation of time is a must in our house ( between 2 fulltime jobs, me finishing a college course, OH teaching a college course, and minding the toddler, plot time is limited but we really love it down there and both grew up growing veg in the large gardens at home in the countryside).

If I did have the time, I'd like to spend a half day a week at least down there.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X