No announcement yet.

rental prices

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My half of a small plot is £7 a year. Water in a tank you dip into with a bucket (but it's right at the end of my plot!) Bargain!
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
      BTW - welcome Robbobnbill!
      Thanks ES

Comment

Just to get all you young'uns jealous i pay £21per annum for a plot 12yards x35 yards i have 3 plots and being as i am a senior citizen i recieve 50% discount He He .
        So £31.50 for 3 plots not a bad job jacob
        What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
        Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
          My half of a small plot is £7 a year. Water in a tank you dip into with a bucket (but it's right at the end of my plot!) Bargain!
          almost ditto Flums hun, mine is £5 a year for half plot with water-bucket-dipping tank* right at bottom of my plot

*cattle type tank which auto fills as soon as you extract ya bucket
          aka
          Suzie

Comment

Ours has just gone up from 10p a rod to £1 a rod. +£5 each as average share of the water bill.
            Still a bargain!

I'd £78 is a bit steep, The allotment act 1948 states that the rent must be what the tenants can 'reasonably be expected to pay' ... bit open to interpretation that. I think it comes down to what facilities are provided. The little money collected is kept separate for use solely on the allotments and as a few of us volunteer the upkeep the costs are low.

Comment

I've just moved sites when I moved towns. I went from paying £42 per year (water included) on a plot owned by the Borough Council to £18 per year (including water) on a site managed by the local Parish Council. Best thing is they have given me 1 year free rent for taking over an overgrown plot! So that £18 will be spent on buying beer to bribe my friends into helping clear it

Comment

Originally posted by jacob marley View Post
                Just to get all you young'uns jealous i pay £21per annum for a plot 12yards x35 yards i have 3 plots and being as i am a senior citizen i recieve 50% discount He He .
                So £31.50 for 3 plots not a bad job jacob
                Dam you oldies Roll on retirement!
                Oh wait thats another 40 years away (or another 60 years if Mr Brown carries on like he does)

Comment

We pay £8 per year for a plot 4 metres x 30 metres ( growing area - excluding shed space0 but no water at all

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X