Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unused part of plot

Hi

Part of my plot is not be using at the moment and I was wondering if I could put leaf mould on that area to help improve the soil whilst it is not being used and hopefully suppress the weeds.

Any suggestions/advice greatfully received.
    Bye

PT

Carpe Diem

The way I see it, if you want the rainbow you have got to put up with the rain!

http://heifer73.blogspot.com/

Hello pukka tukka - I am no expert on this at all but it sounds good to me. When I have ground I am not using I put all my straw from the poultry houses on it to feed it and supress the weeds
    www.poultrychat.com

Comment

I'd go for a green manure - this will keep the ground covered for a few months and you can cut it down and incorporate it into the soil to feed it.
      I've used hungarian grazing rye and tares last year - depending on what you intend to grow in the ground afterwards.
      Tares is leguminous and puts nitrogen in the soil, and i think this means it's good to grow brassicas afterwards as they thrive on it...
      I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong!

Comment

I use a 4inch layer of Grass cuttings and rotovate them in when I am ready to plant. My plots are both clay so anything helps.
        My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X