No announcement yet.

How big's a "pole"?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like Geordie got the best price on allotment rental.Our rent includes plot and water.Thats it!!!

Comment

Shortie I would say that it is definately a north, south divide thing. £4 for the gate key is what we charge. That is the cost now of having a new key cut.
      [

Comment

The Pole I knew was 6ft 2" & called Mezza

Our coach driver pays £5 per year but he had to buy the shares in the allotment association as well when he first started. These were issued to raise the funds to buy the land & when you leave the site you sell these to the person who takes over your plot.

We pay £20 all in.
        Last edited by nick the grief; 18-05-2006, 06:55 PM.
        ntg
        Never be afraid to try something new.
        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
        ==================================================

Comment

I wonder where the cheapest plot in the country is? I'm in Stevenage, Herts & pay £12 per year & an extra £3 for the allotment society, that includes water & a key. Even better is I've only recently taken it on so paying £5.80 for the part year at the moment. Bargain! Especially as it's cheap entertainment for the kids too, my own 2 & another 3 who now tag along all to grow thier own on their own little area. The downside is I'm running out of space for my choice of veggies!

Comment

Wow that is cheap! I used to live in Cheshnt but never thought of a lottie at the time, I wonder how much it would have been...?
            Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Well I can beat everyone so far on price ~ £6 about to rise to £8 a year But (and theres always a but) we have no water,sheds,toilets or fence just some free ranging vandals who tend to leave broken bottles and run over the pitches.

Comment

Well you are the clear winner so far.... we got no water,sheds or toilets and so far no vandals....what price do you put on them then?? ...anyone else to beat that????.....And who is paying the most????? ..answers please on a postcard to......oh us!!!!!...
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

A ROD was traditionally determined by mrasiromg the right foot of the first 10 men out of church on a Sunday and adding it up.

On Allotments Costs I pay £36 for a full plot but we have mains water, toilets, car park, Trading Hut (Shop), Canteen and Clubhouse with bar and free manure delivered to the car park weekly.
                  My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

That's not an allotment, that's Butlins!
                    We pay £7.50 for a half plot which includes nothing except the plot, a nearby stream to dangle a bucket in and lots of lovely old men who give great advice. Bargain!

Comment

Strewth! When I had an allotment about 9 years ago now, I paid £7.00 per year for the plot. The water stand pipe was about 100 yards away and the plot was just a wilderness of nettles and bramble. Cleared some of it, but health was not good so gave it up. No other ameneties whatsoever! Yo have got it made NOG!

Comment

Wowee NOG, where are you? I'm having no luck with getting the Henley Association to respond to my questions about how to get a plot. Am starting to think it's a lost cause.

Comment

Doggler have you tried phoning the secretary?
                          [

Comment

We are in Croydon....but no vacant plots....short waiting list if you are interested.
                            My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X