Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where do we find an allotment?

Hi
    We have a small garden which we have grown a few veg in, but not enough of different things to feel like we are being self sufficient.
    We have decided to look into finding a local allotment but do not know where to look or who to ask. If any one has any ideas's a web site address or phone number we could try it would be much appreciated.
    Many thanks
    V&W

If you put Allotment Sites into google it comes up with 461,000 different sites! I never realised there were so many. You could also get your local council site up and that should list allotments in your area and also the people to get in touch with. If there is a waiting list it's worth joining the list because people leave the sites every year.
    [

Comment

Thanks

Lesley Jay
      Just a quick note to say thank you very much for such a speedy reply to my message. I am off to check out our local authority web site. wish us luck
      thanks again
      V&W

Comment

Hi
        If you contact your recreation department of your local council, they should have a list of all available sites, where they are and the cost to rent one.
        If they have an allotments officer he/she would show you the vacant plots.
        Hope you are successful.

Comment

The council is your best contact. Most allotments show up on local maps, might be an idea to tap your post code into http://www.multimap.com and see if you can spot an allotment listed in your locality.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X