No announcement yet.

Help with new neglected plot!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Nicos... I best go and buy some strong refuse bags then! The forecast is meant to be 'rain' for this weekend though - best get my anorak out

I think I might try and start up a blog so people can monitor our progress!

Giley

Comment

Dock?

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      We have that weed with the red seeds ...
      that's Dock isn't it?
      Agreed, don't let it seed itself everywhere
      Shame about your shed, it was a lovely one.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

We have that weed with the red seeds which I can see in the last photo.
        If it's still there, remove the top very gently straight into a bag cos the seeds drop off everywhere and it's a little b***er to get rid of the seedlings. It's probably the only seed I know which guarentees a 500% germinatin rate!!!
        I think that is Dock, it's very persistant and our untended neighbouring plot has loads of it gone to seed! GGGgggrrrrr!
        Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

P.S. Welcome Giley and good luck!

Comment

[QUOTE=lainey lou;141893]I think that is Dock, it's very persistant and our untended neighbouring plot has loads of it gone to seed! QUOTE]

me too. I sneak in there and use shears to cut off the flower heads of their weeds. Only takes a half hour, and it might save me a lot of time weeding my own plot.
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Good thinking Two_ Sheds! (she rubs her hands together and smiles broadly!)

Comment

Just wanted to add my quick (and yet again belated, sorry!) welcome to the vine giley - here's to many happy hours and many filled plates for you!!
                Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

The stuff I have isn't dock, but I agree they are both pests!!
                  If it pulls up fairly easily then it's my weed. If it's got a thick,tough tap root and snaps off then it's the dreaded dock!!
                  Maybe we should have a section of the ID of the most common weeds we have??? It would be a good point of reference?
                  How about a photo of it??
                  Last edited by Nicos; 25-10-2007, 09:26 AM.
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

good idea Nicos, just gotta work out how to up load the piccies.......! (digital dunce!)

Comment

Originally posted by lainey lou View Post
                      good idea Nicos, just gotta work out how to up load the piccies.......! (digital dunce!)
                      Don't ask me!! I can even post pictures on here!!!

I'll be asking you for advice on that!!!

Oh...I've just found this site...

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...%3Den%26sa%3DN

My weed is sheep sorrel!
                      Last edited by Nicos; 25-10-2007, 11:12 AM.
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Great site Nicos, my problem weed looks like curly dock as suspected, the roots are really deep as you said and they are a pain in the bum particularly the neighbours!

I can't do the piccie thing at all, will have to ask clever OH, he did my avatar for me!

Comment

mmm. I have no idea about the different weeds I have on the plot, although the seedy one is a 'dock' I think!

I cannot wait to get on there and start - although the forecast is rain Also, I don't think the man next door can wait either. He mentioned to me when I saw him that all the seeds have been blowing onto his plot so the quicker I get out there and remove them the better.

Can anyone recommend where to buy the cheapest but strongest garden waste bags?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by lainey lou View Post
                            P.S. Welcome Giley and good luck!

Hello and thank you Lainey Lou

Comment

Originally posted by moggssue View Post
                              Just wanted to add my quick (and yet again belated, sorry!) welcome to the vine giley - here's to many happy hours and many filled plates for you!!
                              Hello & thank you to you too...

Comment

Maybe we should have a section of the ID of the most common weeds we have??? It would be a good point of reference?
                                What a good idea, this will be an invaluable source. Showing annuals and perrenials would be a fantastic help.
                                Welcome giley69
                                "He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X