No announcement yet.

Tips on breaking and entering?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if there will be any treasures inside? (Why else leave it locked?)
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I live in hope Flum I've shone a torch between the slats though and can't see anything except what looks like an old picnic table. Still, you never know, eh?!

Claire
      I was feeling part of the scenery
      I walked right out of the machinery
      My heart going boom boom boom
      "Hey" he said "Grab your things
      I've come to take you home."

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post

I don't really like being a weedy girlie but I think probably one of the chaps onsite could get it open with brute force if I really can't do it myself.

Claire

Time to flutter those eye lashes I think Claire

Mandy

Comment

Erm...

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
          Perhaps the previous owners wife/husband or both are still in there.
          Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Probably guarding their Victorian Heritage seed collection!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by mandyballantyne View Post
              Time to flutter those eye lashes I think Claire

Mandy
              Well, when I really looked at the scale of what I'd taken on the other day, I did consider showing up in a pink frilly dress with a pair of nailscissors and gently weeping until I was rescued. Lol!

Originally posted by seasprout View Post
              Perhaps the previous owners wife/husband or both are still in there.
              Yeah, see, now I don't know that I'm all that bothered about getting in...

Claire

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                You may be lucky a mate of mine was clearing a allotment site up in this part of the midlands and came across a shed covered with ivy when he got to the door and ripped it of it's hinges lo and be hold in side was two rotorvater's 1 merry tiller and a small howerd so go in gently good luckjacob
                What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

2" of Det cord would sort that.

Hire a pair of BIG bolt cutters and buy a 4 pack of beer, and wear a short skirt.
                  Find strong is looking man on site flutter the eye lids. Give him the beer and get him to do it.
                  Works for me all the time........but there are strange men on my site.
                  My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Steady on there! Give beer away? Wouldn't I be better off drinking it myself then going for it with the bolt cutters without really caring whether I can't use my arms for a week afterwards?

Claire

Comment

Are we in yet then Seahorse???? If not ...why not?? These things are 5% thinking about it and 95% brute force and ignorance! Get stuck in and go for it!
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Well, it occured to me it would be a bit daft to break in before buying a new padlock and bolt, so it's off to B&Q tomorrow then probably try and do it on monday, when I can get 3 out of 4 kids safely off at school and only have to panic about keeping an eye on the littlest one! Depending what's it like inside, I'm hoping it might serve as an occasional place to keep him when I'm doing anything potentially hazardous as well! (Stable door, so I wouldn't be shutting him in the dark or anything!!!).

Claire

Comment

OK, I'm a girlie (or was several years ago). Have you tried contacting your site rep to find out who the last tenants were? He/she may be able to get the keys for the padlocks from them. This would save a lot of work!!

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
                            Well, it occured to me it would be a bit daft to break in before buying a new padlock and bolt, so it's off to B&Q tomorrow then probably try and do it on monday, when I can get 3 out of 4 kids safely off at school and only have to panic about keeping an eye on the littlest one! Depending what's it like inside, I'm hoping it might serve as an occasional place to keep him when I'm doing anything potentially hazardous as well! (Stable door, so I wouldn't be shutting him in the dark or anything!!!).

Claire
                            Sometimes it's best not to lock doors. Vandals who attack allotments invariably target any sheds with locked doors on the assumption there's something of value locked away! They do more damage to property that way. I have two sheds and three greenhouses which are all left open. Any tools or implememnts I have payed a bob or two for, I either take home or stash somewhere out of site within!
                            Touch wood I've had no problems up til now!
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

rustylady, it's been abandoned several years so I'll me amazed if there are any keys. You're right though, no harm in asking.

Snadger, I've heard that about not locking doors because it can result in worse than if you do. It's a (relatively) problem free site, plus my plot is right at the end of a long track that can't be accessed easily any other way (the allotments are surrounded by drainage ditches) so I'd probably be ok not locking up anyway. I still kind of think I'd rather though.

I guess this sort of thing is always 'six of one...'. I do know not to keep anything I couldn't stand to lose there though

Claire

Comment

Lol... tracked down the secretary of the assoc. and asked him about keys. He was polite enough to smother the sniggering but his advice was "take an 'ammer to it, duck"!

Anyway, I now have a selection of hammers, a hacksaw, a crowbar and two new locks. Might not have the patience to wait till monday now!

Claire

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...