No announcement yet.

Over the moon!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ohhh, fantastic news, how exciting Claire!!!! Time to start planning as well as digging, I bet you can't wait to get started Wishing you hours of enjoyment and plates full of veggies
    Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post

I have an allotment!!!

It's none of the ones in the pictures though - I asked about the horrendously overgrown one on my favourite site and ended up not only getting it but rent free till 2009 too!

It's going to be a crazy amount of work to clear it, I'm going to need an axe and the world's toughest gloves but I don't care! I'm so, so happy to have a plot and on such a fabulous, well tended, family friendly site

I'm going to see if I can get on the site later today and take some pics for you all to tut and shake your heads over

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to look through all my pics and listen to me waffle.

I'm off for a little cry now!

Claire
      Just joined this blog. Whereabouts in the coumtry are you? Ian from Godalming

Comment

Well done you! Repeat of all the advice you've already been given, plus if the time is right when you've cleared an area please do plant or sow something. That way you get to see something growing instead of masses of old carpet, cardboard or black weed suppressant material. It's a good time of year to get started clearing though. I took mine on in October 2 years ago and it was hard work, lots of brambles and docks. Needed to be cut down and roots dug out, but at least the annual weeds and grass should either stop growing from now on. Come Spring you should have enough useable space to grow some really good crops. Please let us know how you get on, and good luck.

Comment

Well Done CLaire, Glad to see you took our advice
          ntg
          Never be afraid to try something new.
          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
          ==================================================

Comment

Hi Claire. How time flies. This time 7 months ago i took on something similar in Derby and its AMAZING with the little by little approach how things transform so quickly.
            I actually had the choice between a nicely cleared plot ready to plant(no character whatsoever) or the jungle i opted for(full of wildlife and shape).
            Got to say that the pleasure you get from cutting down a large plot of brambles is immense........YES IT REALLY IS. Even little by little it wont take long. ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY, Minty
            " If it tastes like chicken THEN EAT CHICKEN " :- Kermit The Frog

http://mohicans-allotment.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well done Claire! Looking forward to seing the piccies and going "Ooooh! Mine used to be like that!" As someone else mentioned, just in time for bonfire night!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Thanks so much everyone for all your encouragement and support - I'm sure I'll be needing more of it in future!

I'm just going to post some pics!

Claire
                I was feeling part of the scenery
                I walked right out of the machinery
                My heart going boom boom boom
                "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                I've come to take you home."

Comment

Congrats Claire, hope you have as much fun on it as we have!
                  Blessings
                  Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                  Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                  Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                  On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Well done seahorse.
                    Make a xmas wishlist for equipment etc...
                    Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X