Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet more allotment choice advice, if you have the patience!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I like the blend of the Blue white & grey .... oh, I wasn't supposed to be looking at the wool was I

104 defo. If you dont want to keep chooks, then the run could be converted with a little bit of extra timber & some clear corry plastic into a greenhoose cum polywolly & still have the shed bit for T & P ( probably in that order ) Having an existing apple tree is all well & good if it is in good heart & productive but you could end up with a manky old trenn that could do with moving and is another pain So I'd sooner plant my own then you know what you've got.

Having the trees could give you a problem with shade and lack of Moisture and the Flooding isn't a real problem so long as it's not 2ft of water. You can always build raised beds and If you were to get an old pram and go for a walk around you local lanes I bet you could get enough dumped bricks to build them !!

Best of luck with which ever you choose & we'll await the transformation.
    Last edited by nick the grief; 21-10-2007, 08:19 PM.
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

Heheh... the blue/white/grey may eventually transform itself into a Radio 4 Shipping Forecast Blanket!

Anyway, it's the moment of truth in 12 hours or so, should the allotments lady have her phone turned on! Expect a jubilant Seahorse or tears before bedtime very soon!

Claire
      I was feeling part of the scenery
      I walked right out of the machinery
      My heart going boom boom boom
      "Hey" he said "Grab your things
      I've come to take you home."

Comment

Good luck Claire, hope you end up with something!
        Was just looking at the pics again, and I think you could do ok with the triangular plot too, although there'd be all that junk to get rid of. (You might be able to get the council to take it away if you can barrow it to a 'pick up point'?) And a few of the other plots have potential, especially as you (hopefully) won't be there for ever, so you can just clear the best bits to use this year.
        Let us know what happens?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X