Piccys please? Mandy

Comment

congrats on the free greenhouse and fruit bushes
      nows the time to start diging
      I just been down and coverd 2 beds on plot 1
      Some things in their natural state have the most VIVID colors
      Dobby

Comment

put shed , compost bins and some chickens under the tree sounds a good idea!
        ---) CARL (----
        ILFRACOMBE
        NORTH DEVON

a seed planted today makes a meal tomorrow!

www.freewebs.com/carlseawolf

http://mountain-goat.webs.com/

now in blog form ! UPDATED 15/4/09

Comment

Originally posted by moggssue View Post
          Hey, compost area under the tree - I didn't think of that one Momol!! Ohhh, I can't wait ....
          Hi Sue,

Yes, compost area, under a tree is a perfect spot plus you get all the leaves too

Have you made up your mind ?

Cheers,
          Momol
          I grow, I pick, I eat ...

Comment

Just a quick update - I've got the full plot!!!! Well, I get it on 1st December when the current holder gives it up (not that it looks like she's doing much on there). I don't really like to take photos when she still has it, but as soon as I take it over I shall post some - and any more ideas for the tree area will then be gratefully received. Meanwhile .... to plan, to plot, to dream ...
            Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Hurrah!

Oh Moggssue, I've only just come across this thread and I can't tell you how pleased I am for you!

Whilst you are planning and ticking off the days until 1 Dec, why don't you plant some garlic and onion sets now in modules, and then you can plant them in the plot as soon as you 'take charge' and clear your first bit?

We took our plot over in Nov last year and it seemed like an awful long time till spring when we could really get sowing, and it felt good to have 'staked our claim' so to speak by having something in that we had planted ourselves early on!

Comment

Well done Sue - look forward to all the pics and success stories as you go along.
                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

No doubt a few failures too Flum, but that's what it's all about isnt it - I've learnt sooo much this first year, and mostly down to you folks on here so a huge thank you!!!

Hazel - I have some onion and garlic sets to plant, and broadies too, think I'll take your advice and put them in modules for the plot rather than the containers I was originally planning to use, then use them for tulips and daffs at home!! It gets better already!!
                  Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

C'mon on then, missy - lets have an update - how's the lottie coming on? Plans?

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                      C'mon on then, missy - lets have an update - how's the lottie coming on? Plans?
                      Yes, you must be sewing like crazy in your free greenhouse!! Do you have chooks yet, what about your tree seat? We need details!!

Comment

Well - the greenhouse has 4 broken panes of glass so that's out of action for the moment (OH is trying to find me a cheap source of cut to size glass) but the spare bedroom is full of seedtrays and the cold frame under the kitchen window is full of garlic and shallot sets just poking through.

I had to wait a month before I could take over the plot, by which time the previous owner had removed all the fruit bushes, but at least that's left me with nicely cleared land with no weeds That's on the back half of the plot, behind the greenhouse. The front half has 8 raised beds, weedy and grassy but not too bad at all.

I did post some piccies in a new thread but I cant remember where, so here they are again! I've dug out a lot of the front half since then, so the weeds have mostly disappeared, but havent got any crops on yet, far too wet and cold here. I think you can just about make out an old picnic style bench and seat which I'm hoping to renovate when (if!) it dries out a bit more.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I must have missed the piccies before, Sue ...

Looks fab, I must say - I'm lovin' that greenhouse!!

Well done you!

Comment

Oh Sue, more space, compost area, green house... I am jealous but at the same time, really happy for you .
                            I grow, I pick, I eat ...

Comment

Just need to find a cheap source of greenhouse glass now, and then get in there with the *****! I have been soooo lucky in getting a plot in such good condition, after 3 years on the waiting list maybe they took pity on me!!

Now I have to learn how to grow stuff .... hmnmmmm, steep learning curve here I come!

Comment

Originally posted by moggssue View Post
                                Just need to find a cheap source of greenhouse glass now, and then get in there with the *****! I have been soooo lucky in getting a plot in such good condition, after 3 years on the waiting list maybe they took pity on me!!

Now I have to learn how to grow stuff .... hmnmmmm, steep learning curve here I come!
                                I suppose as a temporary measure your could secure layers of bubble wrap over the holes, or you can get sheets of perspex from DIY shops, which can be scored and snapped with a sharp knife. We did that with our shed at home.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X