Moon gardening

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Snadger!
    Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
      Or possibly Dangers?
      ... or Ganders - or even Gardens!

KK
      Last edited by scared55; 04-10-2007, 08:16 AM.

Comment

It's what I always suspected - gardening for Loonies!
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

or Lune-ies!
          Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

An apt topic for discussion on the day that lunar travel of sorts was first undertaken

Comment

The biodynamic sowing and planting calendar 2008 by Maria & mathias Thun
              Just reading mine now. Bought it from Amazon.co.uk

Made a small veg plot in the garden last year and followed the 2007 version. I have nothing to compare this years sucesses to. But I did have good crops of tomatos, beans, peas, courgettes, peppers, raddish, spinach, lettuce, cabbages, sweede.
              Not so hot on the broccoli or cauliflower.

Hope this helps,

Rew.

Comment

I have been looking in to it a bit and think its a sales gimick just think, would owr ansesters realy have known about Leo Vergo .... and the rest?
                I think maby it was just the basic like planting when the moon is getting bigger and pulling up when its getting smaller
                why do people try and make things more complicated than they kneed to be?
                Just plant the seed and watch it grow then eat
                Some things in their natural state have the most VIVID colors
                Dobby

Comment

I think there is something in it, there's a few country sayings out there that tell people when is best to plant/harvest by the state of the moon. There was also a program on earlier in the year about Kew Gardens, and a lady there did a small trial moon gardening vs non-moon and found she got better harvests from the moon garden plots. I've seen too many people do successful trials to think there's nothing in it. Whether the gemini/leo/virgo thing has anything to do with it I'm not too sure but there are different types of moon gardening. There is a really useful site here that gives a lot more info (plus a handy gadget to download for your google toolbar which tells you what to sow each week!).

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

No idea if there is anything in it or not but know that it's not for me. Never find enough time to do things as it is so have no chance if I tied myself to any more rules - just another thing for me to feel guilty about for doing wrong. Not knocking those trying it though, good luck to you.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I cant do it even if I wanted too as undoubtedly the critical times to do stuff would be when I am at work.

To be honest I am sceptical, if it did make a huge difference it would be mainstream not sidelined. No farmer would turn his nose up at extra yield. Chris our local farmer laughed when I mentioned it and said growing stuff is more to do with the weather than the moon and said

"would you sow seed when its as dry as a bone cos a book said the moon was right or wait a week when some showers are due"

He does have a point.

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                        It's what I always suspected - gardening for Loonies!
                        Or Moonies?
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Tried it this year and I think it worked. I had the best Broadies yet and the Onions were very good.

It's a bit difficult to stick to the timing though as you are at the mercy of the weather and external distractions However I did at least try to plant on a waxing moon and do the earthworks on a waning moon.

I am going to give it another try next year. If nothing else it reminds one that NOW is the time to sow, harvest or whatever.
                          Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Originally posted by roitelet View Post
                            Tried it this year and I think it worked. I had the best Broadies yet and the Onions were very good.

It's a bit difficult to stick to the timing though as you are at the mercy of the weather and external distractions However I did at least try to plant on a waxing moon and do the earthworks on a waning moon.

I am going to give it another try next year. If nothing else it reminds one that NOW is the time to sow, harvest or whatever.
                            I had good crops of Broad beans and Onions by using traditional methods!

Having said that, if it works for you, stick with it!

PS To get a true indication you need to have a control patch!
                            Last edited by Snadger; 11-10-2007, 03:32 PM.
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                              PS To get a true indication you need to have a control patch!
                              Nicotine or HRT Snadger?

Comment

Originally posted by scared55 View Post
                                Nicotine or HRT Snadger?
                                Yeah-Yeah -Yeah!!!! I couldn't think of a word to put after control and what were the alternatives???........ Bed? ...........Area?.......... strip? ...........Row?........... section?

You could say I lost control!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X