Teeny bee

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teeny bee

Is this a honey bee? Surely this is too small to be out this early? It’s not flying too well.
    Attached Files

Is it's body fluffy? Does look like a bee to me. We have loads out here already, as weather been so nice. From teenies to huge enormous bumbles buzzing x
    Last edited by Mamzie; 24-04-2020, 07:07 PM.
    Anything is possible with the right attitude, a hammer
    and a roll of duct tape.

Weeds have mastered the art of survival, if they are not in your way, let them feed bees

Comment

Yeah only a small bit as it looks very young. Should it be sheltered anywhere overnight?

Comment

I often seem to have the odd bee appear to nod off tucked into a plant in greenhouse when temp drops. I move them back outside onto an open flower into sun again next day. Or straight away if it's during daytime x
        and a roll of duct tape.

Weeds have mastered the art of survival, if they are not in your way, let them feed bees

Comment

That's a solitary bee of some sort. It might be a bit dozy because it's not quite warm enough.

Also, there's no such thing as a "young" bee, at least not in the sense you are using. A young bee is a larva. Once the larva pupates and a flying bee emerges, that's an adult bee, and is as big as it is ever going to get.

Comment

Just found this link, which has done information on for overnight bee visitors hth

https://savebees.org/how-to-help-rev...ld-or-wet-bee/
            and a roll of duct tape.

Comment

This was one of our visitors yesterdsy, a stunning Ashly Mining bee, s/he slept on a pepper plant overnignt, and I moved it to this strawberry blossom in full sun around 11 am

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1587756314338.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	2387098
              and a roll of duct tape.

Comment

I have loads of bees of all varieties in my back garden honey, solitary and bumble. Got a huge Lavender bush next to my greenhouse and its full of bees and butterflies as its in full bloom and is stinking the garden out in a nice way.

I've discovered a wild honey bee colony that's resident in an old tree that has a hollow cavity in it within bee flying distance that's in the countryside near my house.
                The day that Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck ...

... is the day they make vacuum cleaners

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X