Muddy boot problem.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muddy boot problem.

I haven’t lost the plot with this question...excuse the pun but, does any one know if such a thing exists as boot covers that go over your garden boots so you don’t get a massive
    Build up of mud on your boots when walking in very very muddy areas. Yes I know that’s what boots are for but its taking me an age to get rid of the build up before I head home.
    The reason being

In their wisdom the council decided it would be real wheeze to cut the hedgerows surrounding our allotment area. They picked the very worst rainy week (I am in Sussex)
    For the job. Leaving great welts of mud (I can barely stay upright in let alone walk,) from a hedge cutter It’s a disgrace.
    Don’t even get me started on the hacking job they did on the hedges. The branches look as if they have been chewed. It’s shocking and from what I understand detrimental to regrowth. I know these jobs have to be done and often in an allocated time space but
    You’d think common sense would prevail in such weather conditions.

Boot covers do exist.
    They're used right throughout many aspects of industry such as food, health, farming etc.
    They're predominantly used by anyone going from a dirty to a clean area.
    I've tried plastic bags, they're very slippy.
    I use two pairs, one to remain in the muddy region (muddy boots kept in the greenhouse) then i transfer to the cleaner pair.
    I never ever clean the muddy pair
    sigpic

Comment

Noticed the message title and had to read just incase it was me being the problem lol. Phew.
      The day that Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck ...

... is the day they make vacuum cleaners

Comment

Randomly some people wear socks over football/rugby cleats or studded boots in really wet mud as the socks flex and shed the mud instead of it getting stuck to the sole of the boots... would need to be big socks to go over wellies but it’s a similar idea to plastic bags but with more grip.

Comment

They had to cut the hedge before the end of Feb, or not 'til autumn - as it was their last chance before bird breeding season (beginning of March - end of August) still no excuse for lazy hack job, though
          They could have been putting it off all Winter hoping for better weather, but we didn't get any did we?
          The council's contractors did exactly the same thing on our plots

Comment

You could consider a pair of very large galoshes over your boots.
            Last edited by Can the Man; 02-03-2020, 07:53 PM.

Comment

How about a pair of these Bobbin, you'd look great...

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/garden-e...-waders/p30081
              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X